1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nw-HD3 query

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by janiboy, Feb 14, 2005.

1. janiboy

janiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello music lovers,

i read previously on an earlier posting that theres some issue with copyright for songs....im being honest here...most of my tracks (like 99%) are jacked off the net (bittorrent, imesh, kazaa, etc)..i.e. not bought.....so sonic stage wont be acting gay and placing any copyright permission / kinda filtering ??????????? right?

and does anybody know the transfere rate for uploading songs onto the nw-hd3 player...say, for example, a 128kbps, 4.5Mb track...how long that will take via the usb 2.0 cable, through sonic stage (im asking coz, mp3s are wrapped with some sonic stage coding, whilst copying, so only sonic stage can be used to move songs from/to player) ??????

and....(sorry, points keep coming up as im about to stop typing)...hows the navigation ...during a "now playing" song, can u move and browse through the media library??....read in a review that browsing through the library, then returning to it, there no remembering where u were last time ( a potential thing that might get on ur nerves as time goes by) is that true tooo ?????
    ok sorry for boring u, but can some plz verify/comment on these points if u already have an nw-hd3 sony mp3 player

thanks for ur time and co-operation.
    see ya
    :)

2. Kano

Kano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are able to copy illegally obtained music onto the NW-HD3. The music protection you are refering to means that you are unable to then copy the music from the NW-HD3 onto another PC (i.e not the PC you used to originally transfer music to the player)

However, I believe you can get around this by using the player as a portable hard drive. However, you will not be able to play the music files on the player, but should be able to download onto another PC.

I hope this makes sense. it's a bit early for me, Im still in sleep mode :)

3. janiboy

janiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for clearifying !!!...that sorts it out...gonna order it now..thanks again