1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3 - problems with Track Shuffle

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by BrianR, Mar 16, 2005.

1. BrianR

BrianR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Track Shuffle on my NW-HD3 is behaving oddly. When I select an artist or genre and play in Track Shuffle mode, it plays OK until I stop it. When I start play again, it starts from exactly where it stopped (mid-track), but appears to have forgotten which tracks it has previously played, and will play them again. Sometimes it can play the same track more than once when others have not been played.

This is not my understanding of "shuffle", and does not agree with the manual.

Has anyone else had the same problem, or could it be a fault with my player?

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you got repeat on? if you have that could cause that to happen.

3. TommoK

TommoK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had similar experience.

I do not have 'Repeat' on but when I have selected 'track shuffle' - it does often plays the same tracks more often than others rather than just playing each track on the machine once and then starting over - which is what I thought shuffle would be.

4. BrianR

BrianR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've checked and repeat is definitely switched off.

I have a Sony Net MD and the shuffle mode on this plays every track once in a random order, apart from always starting with the first track. I assumed that the shuffle mode on the HD3 would work the same.

I think I need to check with Sony to see if this is working correctly or not.

5. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have experienced this too, but was also questioning my memory!

Something I thought about but haven't yet tried:
    - is there a difference between stopping playing and allowing the HD3 to turn itself off, and stopping playing and holding down MENU button until unit shuts down? Also, holding the STOP button on my RM35ELK remote until the HD3 switches off seems to achieve the same as holding down MENU, but is it actually the same process?

Not sure if I expect to see any differences, but maybe.

Its one of those things - if you are shuffling through a lot of tracks, then it could be a long time before you hear a repeated track (and maybe you quite enjoyed hearing it again!?!). Another possibility is that you have duplicate tracks (arising from being incorporated in other playlists) so you'll be increasing the chances of playing a track if they are picked up in the same play unit.

Just thinking out loud really, not a great deal of substance.

6. bstonehouse

bstonehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Did you ever get a solution to this as my HD3 is doing the same thing - it always plays the same songs when using shuffle.