1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3 player software issues

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by cristobal, Jun 1, 2005.

1. cristobal

cristobal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have mostly big .mp3 files on my hd3, 50-200mb files.

Lately the player has started to act weird. Suddenly the song starts to skip and another file starts playing just for a second or two, then it shifts back to the orignal song.
    This is only happening on certain files (i think), i haven't tested all yet.
    And at the same time the software wont work. I can't choose another song, or navigate at all.
    It freezes somehow, but the song(s) continue to play..

hopefully anyone sees some logic here :)

tnx

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FINALY! i thought i was the only one! i have had that happen a couple of times to me it doesnt matter what files or what length of song it is though its on anything! i think i have narrowed it down to general skipping if you shake the thing, i was using mine in my pocket at knee level, walking so it was being shaken a lot. unfortunatly even when i stopped it carried on for a bit, i turned it off for a while and it was ok after that. it has happened once when it has been still though and that i cant explain at all but it stops after a few minutes if you turn the unit off, a pain yes but not too bad. I posted this here a while ago and didnt get any response have you tried emailing sony about it (i have to admit i havent :rolleyes: )

3. cristobal

cristobal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no i havent e-mailed sony, and i probably wont either..
    it has never happend to me prior to yesterday. Also i find it hard to belive that it is caused by movement of the player, skipping.

I suspect is has something to do with the files and structure..It happend after i've been updating and sorting files in SonicStage (2.3). I deleted the selected tracks and re-transffered them over, and then it worked fine...

4. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i doubt file structure come into it if it did it would happen ever time you play certian songs no matter what the circumstance. i cant replicate the effect even playing the same files, have you, if you can then perhaps its a different problem to mine.

5. Rivo

Rivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I've not had that problem but today the thing has frozen and doesn't show in Sonicstage. Should I up grade to 3.1?

6. tottycs

tottycs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try using "VAIO music transfer" its mutch better then SS

7. matt_du_man

matt_du_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This has happened to me quite a few times, and i agree with watchinthewheel with the movement, because it only seems to do it while i'm on the move, but i also think it has to do with a combination of constant shaking/movement, and a lot of track skipping halfway through tracks. For instance, if i'm listening to a track, and i skip to the next track, halfway through the next track it will play a bit of the last track, if you can understand that.

Also another thing happened to me today, that the track completly stopped playing, although it had the play picture in the corner, then it resumed playing again after about 3 seconds. wierd.

Hope this helps, and if anyone has had the problem of stopping tracks please reply with your comments Bye Bye :hiya: