1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3 or HD5? (or alternative?)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by aljanomac, Aug 11, 2005.

1. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks, i need assistance here!

Had the NW-HD3 since last November but a couple of days ago it got fried - returned it to the shop who advised me that since they no longer stock the HD3 (and it still has a 12 month guarantee) I would receive a FULL REFUND of £230!! - Hurrah!!

Now, I can easily replace the HD3 for a helluva lot cheaper than I initially paid for it or do I buy the new HD5? (I need the massive battery life as I keep forgetting to recharge the unit so no suggestions of buying into the iPod generation please!!!!) - Also nothing smaller than 20gb please...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated (good alternatives to either the HD3/5 are also welcomed with an open mind)

Thanks in advance

2. ohms

ohms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'd definately go for the nw-hd5. its clearly everything you need.... and i know, i own one...couldnt be any happier with it.

3. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yep i would back that up, i got a NW-HD5H (30gb) from Amazon and with the money you have been refunded you will have easily enough.

Realslimcookie.

4. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I, too, would recommend the HD5H [I snagged one of the "Dixons 179" batch].
    I owned an HD3 for about 2 months, but sold it as I was a little unsatisifed with it -- the HD5 seems to be a significant improvement, in terms of usability, playlists, battery life. I am also impressed with the sound quality, which I 'feel' is superior to the HD3, but this could be due to a new rosy disposition :D

I am not entirely sure why I prefer the HD5 so much more than the HD3, but I'd recommend getting one, especially the 30gb size.

If battery life is your thing, there is nothing better than the HD5 -- you could even get a spare battery and forget to charge your unit even more often :thumbsup:

mal.

5. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Get the iaudio M3 or X5, much better players IMO. And no sh*tty software, just drag n drop like an ext.HD. Sound quality is Great and Loud and its so small n sexy!

6. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bash - cheers for the feedback but seeing as the M3 or X5 doesn't have an integral LCD display - how do you find it's use without the remote? (when using the HD3 I had the RM-MC40ELK remote and never used it!!)

7. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +319
    I'll be honest and tell you that you better make sure its set on the album(s) you wanna listen to because navigation is difficult with the display. I suppose if you set the playlists then you would be kool.

8. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another vote here for the HD5 or HD5H!