1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3: making an own compilation, play in shuffle mode

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by danieltm, Feb 9, 2005.

1. danieltm

danieltm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have my black nw-hd3 now for 2 weeks and I really love the sound and the device. On the other hand I really hate SonicStage but it works at least for copying my mp3s to the player.

Beside my normal tracks (sorted by artist, album,...) I want to create playlists. When I read the manual correct, Sony calls them groups on the player and own compilation in SonicStage. Now I arrange my own compilation in SonicStage, name the compilation and copy it to the player.

Even I gave the own compilation a Album name, it only shows up under groups. This wouldn´t be a problem, but the different shuffle modes don´t work when you play a selected group.

I think I misunderstood something and I´m very happy on any hint you might have.

Thanks
    Daniel

2. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it works: use UNIT SHUF to play a selected group.

3. danieltm

danieltm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi twcheang,

thanks for your reply. This is what I tried (at least I think so ;) ), but I´ll give it another try.

Thanks
    Daniel

4. danieltm

danieltm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi twcheang,

I tried it once again as I did it before and the result was just the same. The player plays the tracks in the order of the playlist (group).

But when i select mode>group>the desired goup and then press again right to select a song from the playlist, followed by pressing play it plays the whole group in random mode?!

Instead when i just select mode>group>the desired group and press play it ignores the random mode?!

I can´t see any sense in this behaviour but it works :clap:

Regards
    Daniel

5. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah ... u must select a song from the desired group, then the device will play all the songs randomly.

6. bek

bek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering, when you make a "My Compilation" (group), does that mean you have to copy the same tracks onto the HD3 again?