• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

NW-HD3: making an own compilation, play in shuffle mode

D

danieltm

Hi,

I have my black nw-hd3 now for 2 weeks and I really love the sound and the device. On the other hand I really hate SonicStage but it works at least for copying my mp3s to the player.

Beside my normal tracks (sorted by artist, album,...) I want to create playlists. When I read the manual correct, Sony calls them groups on the player and own compilation in SonicStage. Now I arrange my own compilation in SonicStage, name the compilation and copy it to the player.

Even I gave the own compilation a Album name, it only shows up under groups. This wouldn´t be a problem, but the different shuffle modes don´t work when you play a selected group.

I think I misunderstood something and I´m very happy on any hint you might have.

Thanks
Daniel

T

twcheang

danieltm said:
Hi,

I have my black nw-hd3 now for 2 weeks and I really love the sound and the device. On the other hand I really hate SonicStage but it works at least for copying my mp3s to the player.

Beside my normal tracks (sorted by artist, album,...) I want to create playlists. When I read the manual correct, Sony calls them groups on the player and own compilation in SonicStage. Now I arrange my own compilation in SonicStage, name the compilation and copy it to the player.

Even I gave the own compilation a Album name, it only shows up under groups. This wouldn´t be a problem, but the different shuffle modes don´t work when you play a selected group.

I think I misunderstood something and I´m very happy on any hint you might have.

Thanks
Daniel

I think it works: use UNIT SHUF to play a selected group.

D

danieltm

Hi twcheang,

thanks for your reply. This is what I tried (at least I think so ;) ), but I´ll give it another try.

Thanks
Daniel

D

danieltm

Hi twcheang,

I tried it once again as I did it before and the result was just the same. The player plays the tracks in the order of the playlist (group).

But when i select mode>group>the desired goup and then press again right to select a song from the playlist, followed by pressing play it plays the whole group in random mode?!

Instead when i just select mode>group>the desired group and press play it ignores the random mode?!

I can´t see any sense in this behaviour but it works :clap:

Regards
Daniel

T

twcheang

yeah ... u must select a song from the desired group, then the device will play all the songs randomly.

B

bek

I was wondering, when you make a "My Compilation" (group), does that mean you have to copy the same tracks onto the HD3 again?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom