1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3 Issue - It's NOT a General Recall

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by sbradnam, Jun 15, 2005.

1. sbradnam

sbradnam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone. thought I'd share this with the forum, even if it's old knowledge now.

The issue affecting certain NW-HD3's as highlighted on the Sony website, is not a recall of ALL those that fall within the targeted number range; it is only a recall if your unit has had the fault.

I spoke at length to Sony UK yesterday, and they only want units returned within the serial number range if the fault has occured. If, like my machine, there is no problem, then they do not want to see it - in their words "if the fault has not occured by now, then it won't". Naive optimism? Maybe...but I'm not sending my unit in as it works fine, and SONY said they will not touch it if it is working fine. They also said that this recall will run for a while yet...oh, and about 40 units have been affected.

oh - and they said that you need to include the original purchase receipt (or a copy of it)...why, i don't know...it's not as if any of them are more than a year old!!!!!

Hope this helps. :)

Stuart B