1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nw-Hd3 help plzzz

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by janiboy, Feb 13, 2005.

1. janiboy

janiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello everyone !!!

have been reading the forum regarding the sony Nw-hd3 mp3 player and found it very helpful. Just wanted to verify a few points before i order mine from amazon.

1) can u drag n drop mp3 files WITHOUT using sonicstage software (i.e. via my computer> will the mp3 player show as a player to which we can drag n drop tracks and then PLAY them, not just like data files)??

2) can playlists be created on PC and transfered on the plyer > does this mean multiple copies of the same track ...like if a u2 beautiful day is on playlist, will it stay on playlist as well as its u2 album position ???

3) can other file types be uploaded to the player. files of any type : so the nw-hd3 acts as a hard drive too ???

4) general navigation ? is it good ?..i mean whilst the song is playing can i go back to the menu and select another song from another folder ??? [unlike the RCA lyra, where u have to stop the current playing song and then go back select what u want - and these guys get paid so much for the ergonomical design of products???????????????]

5) creating folders with defined songs in sonicstage, will that sync on the player ?????

6) had read about the loudness issue and how to access the secret the menu so thats a resolved issue !!!!! :)

7) is it true - u can charge via the usb 2 cable whilst its pluged to pc/laptop ????

thats about it ...if anyone can plz comment on these listed points that would be much appreciated and help me sleep well before i make the wrong decsion and order an item i dont know that much about ??......

thanks again....

2. ratiopharm

ratiopharm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) no

3) yepp

4) yepp

5) yepp

6) solved

7) yepp. but slower than with regular charger

3. janiboy

janiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks ratiopharm for the fast response ...6/7 points aint bad..so its a MUST in my books..thanks again ;)

4. janiboy

janiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ONE MORE THING PLZ.......
    i read previously on an earlier posting that, theres some issue with copyright for songs....im being honest here...not all my tracks (most of them, like 99%) are jacked off the net (bittorrent, imesh, kazaa, etc)..i.e. not bought.....so sonic stage wont be acting gay and placing any copyright permission / kinda filtering ??????????? :)

5. DarkEntity

DarkEntity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    U can drag mp3 on and off, well ive never had a problem.

the ATRAC files are copyrighted to your pc and hd3 combination. so you cant transfer to others.