1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3/HD1 Sonicstage and Nvidia drivers

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by yonderblue, Feb 7, 2005.

1. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Recently bought a NW-HD1 from Argos and I am happy with it.

I had already had Sonicstage 2.2 on my PC for a while for use with my Sony Minidisc MZ-N910 and I thought I would update to Sonicstage 2.3 for use with the NW-HD1. Install went fine and worked the first time, 2nd time I tried it Sonicstage would start but then crash with no errors or anything (arrrggh!!)

So did a google search found one person that had the same problem and this person had updated their Nvidia Graphics drivers to current release 66.93 and ended up having to downgrade to a prior release due to same problem I was having. My problem with that is that anything prior to 66.93 did not support my BFG 6600 GT (AGP) as far as I am aware. So I ended up downloading some beta Nvidia drivers (71.25) from guru3d.com and this did the trick no more crashing Sonicstage.

I for one would never think in million years that Sonicstage crashing has anything to do with Nvidia Graphics drivers !!!. I blame Sony :laugh:

2. Stahlhart!

Stahlhart!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's one of the millions of miracles mankind will never be able to understand...
    My PC is full of such funny stories, once my cd-burner began to burn - for real!

But this is kind a problem that won't make the world collapse, so take it easy...

3. D_zero

D_zero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Yonder blue,

I have had the same promblem as yourself. I have tried your solution, but my Sonic Stage still doesn't seem too work. My card is a Nvidia Geforce 6800 PCI card. Is there anything else you can suggest?

4. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Keep trying other Nvidia till it works ?!?