• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

NW-HD3/HD1 Sonicstage and Nvidia drivers

yonderblue

Recently bought a NW-HD1 from Argos and I am happy with it.

I had already had Sonicstage 2.2 on my PC for a while for use with my Sony Minidisc MZ-N910 and I thought I would update to Sonicstage 2.3 for use with the NW-HD1. Install went fine and worked the first time, 2nd time I tried it Sonicstage would start but then crash with no errors or anything (arrrggh!!)

So did a google search found one person that had the same problem and this person had updated their Nvidia Graphics drivers to current release 66.93 and ended up having to downgrade to a prior release due to same problem I was having. My problem with that is that anything prior to 66.93 did not support my BFG 6600 GT (AGP) as far as I am aware. So I ended up downloading some beta Nvidia drivers (71.25) from guru3d.com and this did the trick no more crashing Sonicstage.

I for one would never think in million years that Sonicstage crashing has anything to do with Nvidia Graphics drivers !!!. I blame Sony :laugh:

S

Stahlhart!

That's one of the millions of miracles mankind will never be able to understand...
My PC is full of such funny stories, once my cd-burner began to burn - for real!

But this is kind a problem that won't make the world collapse, so take it easy...

D

D_zero

Hi Yonder blue,

I have had the same promblem as yourself. I have tried your solution, but my Sonic Stage still doesn't seem too work. My card is a Nvidia Geforce 6800 PCI card. Is there anything else you can suggest?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom