1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW - HD3 - Groups; please explain

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by cwmbrancon, May 13, 2005.

1. cwmbrancon

cwmbrancon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Okay, maybe I'm being thick, but can someone please explain the group concept.

All my groups are currently the Album name !

I presume you can set up a group of for instance 'Dance Music' and put the appropriate albums into the group for ease of navigation.

I can't seem to be able to do this. Have I got this totally wrong.

Cheers

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,220
    Its meant to work like that, but in reality its harder. Groups as far as I know is just the same as Albums, but in the order transferred to the unit. Albums is alphabetical? On the SS transfer screen, with the HD3 on the right hand side, you can drag albums/groups to any position you want and changes will be reflected on the unit

3. joe2snj

joe2snj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sonic Stage doesnt support sub-groups which is what you seem to be trying to do. You can however syncronise all your music into genres. Ill warn you now that ss has many of these eg Hip-Hop and Hip Hop,R&B and R'n'B will register as different genres on the hd3.. I would sort your groups under album name and then match the genre name aswell.

4. cwmbrancon

cwmbrancon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies,

Seems a pretty stupid system to me. Especially when I've got over a hundred on the player !

Oh well - looks like lots and lots of scrolling :(