1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3 Battery Life

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by dazmcc, Apr 28, 2005.

1. dazmcc

dazmcc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What sort of battery life are people getting out of their players?
    I left mine playing on repeat to see what I would get out of it. Volume has been delimited and was on about two-thirds. Sound was on Custom with the bass and treble turned up a bit. Recordings were at 256kb ATRAC3plus. I didn't touch the player until it ran out of power and got about 18 hours. Is this level of drop from the quoted 30 hours to be expected using higher quality settings etc?
    Also, the battery has only been charged twice. I have heard that the batteries last longer after they have been re-charged a few times. Is there any truth in this?

2. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Around 22 hrs with ATRAC 132kbps, shuf mode.

3. TommoK

TommoK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my HD3 since December and have charged it countless times. For the first 4 or 5 times I let the battery run out completely before recharging. To be honest now I generally recharge it after a couple of days before the battery is completely run out (esp if I'm transferring new stuff onto it). Not sure if this lessens the effectiveness of the battery or not?

Nearly all my tracks are ATRAC 3 Plus 256 or MP3 <128kbps. I use my player on average for around 5+ hours a day and get around 3-4 days out of it. I doubt you'd get near 30 hours unless everything was recorded at 48kbps and you didn't press skip or any of the menu buttons once :cool: .

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    fully charge batteries then let them run down FULLY. I saw improvement :)
    Also using EQ uses up battery?

Edit: 30 hrs = Atrac 48, backlight off, EQ off, shuffle etc off, hardly touch it (so HD not accessed thus using up battery life)

5. sbradnam

sbradnam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Getting 20hrs on average - very reasonable (mixed bps/light on auto and varying button presses!). Need to run it right down occassionally (memory effect with battery).