1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nw-hd3 battery life.. help

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by rogerio.arndt, Feb 5, 2005.

1. rogerio.arndt

rogerio.arndt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased my nw hd3, and was wondering if anyone knows what the battery life of it is.

Thanks a lot! :)

2. Stahlhart!

Stahlhart!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    omg! you buy a player and have no clue about the technical specs of it? It's almost about 30h!

3. rogerio.arndt

rogerio.arndt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh alright... im getting much less than that... 20 hours

4. grapefruit131

grapefruit131

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it won't reach it's full capacity until you have charged it from close-to-empty a few times. also, the player will last longer if you use its native format (ATRAC3 or plus) instead of mp3 - but you have to ask if you can be bothered converting your mp3s for a few extra hours listening, as not only will it take time to convert them, take up space on ur computers hd, but will invariably decrease the quality of the music, as it will have been compressed twice.

5. hughesy

hughesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Manual says 22 for mp3 and 30 for atrac

6. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    22-25 hrs. I've both mp3 and atrac3 files in my HD3.

7. Spacecowboy

Spacecowboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a a Sony HD3, and i'm not hitting anywhere near 20-30hrs. After a full charge, I listened for 8hrs 50 mins and the battery gauge is showing 25% capacity left!!
    I'd guess of the music i was listening to; 60% was atrac3+ 64kps and 40% was mp3 128-192kps. I haven't taken the vol. limiter off, and i had the vol. set to about 40-60%.

Thing is i bought it off ebay, and i'm thinking i've maybe bought a shagged out player! But then again its not been out long, so how could the battery be worn out? and its still gotta be under warranty.
    The troubleshooter in the manual, offers this answer to the query of low battery life: "You have not used the player for a prolonged period. Efficiency of the battery will be improved by repeatedly charging and discharging"

Any ideas? :lease:

8. lovegroova

lovegroova

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Also, don't believe what the charge meter is showing. It may seem low at one point, and then if you don't use the unit for a few hours and then come back to it, the meter will show more charge available.