1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Nw-hd3 Battery Life + Charging Issues!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by lam1920, Apr 12, 2005.

1. lam1920

lam1920

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, i recently bought a sony nw-hd3 from a sony shop and am happy with it so far. I have read a few of the forums about charging the player a few times and letting the battery fully run out etc and have done all that, yet i seem to be getting nowhere near the 30 hours battery life! My files are 64kbs and i only seem to be getting 10 hours or less! I heard maybe charging the player with the usb cable attached to the computer as well fully charges it, (but i tried doing that and it took over 5 hours and still was not fully charged) and that only using the ac charger charges it only 80% can someone please help???!!!!

2. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I get 15-20 hours out of mine, playing MP3s @192 kbps. This is with a fair amount of song changes (although I do tend to let it play through an album on shuffle.

If you are changing song every minute or so, then you can not expect to get nearly as long from the battery.

If you are unhappy with it, I suggest you go back to Sony and tell them the problem, and see what they say.