Nw-hd3 Backlight Gone?!

PuzZah

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been using my new Sony NW-HD3 for a few days now and all has been find bar Sonicstage until now. I noticed today that the blue backlight now ceases to function. It used to come on upon any keypress as it was meant to but now it doesn't come on at all.

The only thing I've done (Yesterday) is enabled the higher volume as guided in this thread however since I've noticed the backlight problem I've reverted the settings and I'm infinitely sure that I touched no other settings other than the one described in the above mentionned thread. The backlight problem still persists even after reverting the settings to their original state.

Any ideas anyone?! I dread sending it back as after putting 7000 songs on it via Sonicstage I will actually feel the need to commit suicide if I have to do that again.

Please, any help/feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ben

The volume fix disables the backlight. Please re-enable it in the normal menu.

my HD1 had the same issue once the sound level thingy was turned off. All I did was go into the normal settings and turn backlight back to normal and the service menu sound level turns it off.

Thanks very much. Does it disable that to compensate for the extra power needed for the increased volume maybe?

To be precise, it's the entering of the Service mode that switches off the backlight, not the setting of the volume level. So no, its not to compensate for the extra power.

Why dont people just turn up the bass on max and move the treble up a couple of notches that fixes the sound problem without messing about!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom