1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW HD3, any problems i should be warned about?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by peteyoung, Mar 29, 2005.

1. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol, just got this amazing piece of kit and have to say it knocks everything out of the ipod, well the mini because i upgraded to this. And wow what can i say, talk about an upgrade! its fantastic, although i had to remove the EU volume limiter, bit too quiet for me since i'l be using it on a busy bus everyday, ive already noticed the problems with grouping, such as one album but separated by each artist :( how annoying, altho itunes did have it's own little annoying flaws ;) but are there any other little annoying preferences any of you can tell me or anyone else who has just got this amazing gadget to look out for?

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tbh if you have got past sonic stage and the fact it cant create playlists thats about everything wrong with the player, apart from that its perfect imho.

i suppose if i REALLY wanted to pick holes i would say it doesnt have a remote but you can get one and tbh it doesnt add that much, the player is small enough to use the controlls on it anyway.

3. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i totally agree about the remote, i used my old MD one and i wouldnt use it! its so tiny why bother!!! lol and yeah sonic stage is a bit of a drag but 3.0 you can create playlists but dont know if u can transfer them onto it or not? :S lol im still extrememly happy with it!

4. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I listened to both the Sony and the Mini and I think I made the wise decision buying the Mini.
    It sounds better (even better with the EU volume limit removed with GOpod)
    It looks better.
    The software is better.
    and as with the numerous threads on here prove it has less problems.

But we are all entitled to our opinions!

5. wanda

wanda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard great things about the sony when it came out and indeed went and had a little play with one in the shops and it was great, tickled my fancy anyway. I have heard from one owner though that the software can corrupt and be a bit dodgy so possible watch out for that?

Have you seen the new little flash based player sony are bringing out too? http://www.sony.co.uk/PageView.do?s...86832394&section=en_GB_Magazine_Entertainment

not so sure about the E100 (looks like a swatch watch) but the E400 and 500 now there I could be tempted.

6. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well id only seen the nwhd3 once in comet and was addicted already! lol so read about it and since ive already used sonicstage with my MD it didnt bother me much, the little flash players are really cool and another mp3 player i had looked at but just not enough storage for me! lol, ive been playing for a while and transfered most of my music collection already, im very impressed with transfer speeds too! i cant really say anything bad about it!

7. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im sorry but no the ipod doesnt look better than the hd3, unless your blind.

i havent heard many complaints about the hd3 tbh, but seeing as how anyone who does complain would come here it does give the view there are more issues than there actualy are. i havent had any trouble at all with my hd3

8. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I think the sony looks like a dictaphone and I love the simplicity and minimalist design of the i-pod.
    I suppose I see prefering the Sony(which to my ears sounds worse and as tests prove it does) is like prefering a beige box computer to an i-mac.

9. combustion

combustion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    haha to each his own.

10. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Is that a picture of your dictaphone! :rotfl:

11. wanda

wanda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looks like a dictaphone! oooh harsh, the difference between a biege pc and an imac?????!

well I guess it's all down to branding and which brand you buy into or group you want to belong too! At least sony offer some products that look differnt to one another and aren't just a constant rejigging of the original.

Oh hang on maybe that's where the bugs have crept in! But I agree, each to their own!

12. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As always people have their own opinions and theres always rivalry between companies and for some reason between the people who buy their products, like with sony and apple, or sony and microsoft with the consoles and everything else. We can all agree that each mp3player has its own advantages and disadvantages, including the software which we are forced to use! but its all down to personal preference, and for me i chose the hd3 because of the price (£189) it was not much dearer than the new ipod mini 6gb. This new ipod mini is better than its predescessor because of battery life and memory but for the size of the hd3 which is smaller than the ipod mini and is 20gb, and longer battery life seems to make more sense to me atleast anyhow. I also think the ipod is a great gadget but like a new pair of k-swiss trainers its all about fashion to an extent! even thought they are all great pieces of kit *from my own experience anyway* its down to one another's choice and people will always say that one is better than the other because they think the company is crap, not the gadget!