1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3 and SonicStage help needed

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by aljanomac, Feb 9, 2005.

1. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for some help here people

Is there a way to convert my MP3 files into Atrac3Plus without having to do each album individually and for, when the conversion has happened, still to have my original MP3 files still in place (for the wifes goddam iPod), and for the new Atrac3 files to be in Artist/Album/Song folders as opposed to all being in one very large 'optimized files' folder.

I prefer Atrac but cannot see far enough into the future to the time when my 30Gb+ has been converted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is an utility to convert mp3 to atrac3, it's called "MP3 Conversion Tool". Check this link:
    http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-list.pl?template=EN&mdl=NWHD1

3. bek

bek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that conversion tool is included on the software cd that comes with the HD3.

4. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know if when the conversion tool copies the mp3 to Atrac, does it out them into folders like Artist/Album/Song Title?

I really cannot be bothered to sort through 1000's of Atrac songs to put them into individual folders.

(And also, does it alter the original MP3 files or do they remain unchanged?)

5. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All the mp3 songs remain unchanged and the converted songs (ATRAC3) r stored in a single folder called "Optimized files".

6. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You would think Sony could have at least made SonicStage to an exact copy of your file/folder settings so it was simply a case of converting to Atrac without the mucking about of having to sift through 1000's of Atrac files to find which album they belong to (and what happens if there is a studio and a live album so there will be several songs with the same name!)

Methinks Sony could go back to the drawing board and give the whole set-up of SonicStage another look over.

7. holymonk

holymonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah aljanomac, i agree completely, Sonic stage, and the NW-HD3 firmware suck bigtime.. For instance, take the "Others" menu, its pathetic! It does only contain two basic features ***! They could at least put a text viewer or something "cool" in there!