1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nw-hd1

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by heggie, Feb 25, 2005.

1. heggie

heggie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. i recently bought a nw-hd1 and all was working fine until i had to rebuild my pc.after the rebuild i put the software back on and connected the nw-hd1 in the usb cradle. when i did this a message was displayed telling me that it is not authorized with the computer. Phoned sony who say it is a design feature and it can only be used ona factory installed operating system doesnt sound fit for its purpose imo if that is true. Does any1 have a NW-HD1 who has suffered similar problems if so then any help would b appreciated
    thanks

2. mushroom

mushroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have the same problem, after i reinstall windows i cannot transfer any new music to my player. sonicstage says: "The ATRAC HDD cannot be used with this version of SonicStage". I've tried 2.1 and 2.3 version of SS, none of theme works. Also tried on the other PC, the same.

3. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it will work, you have to first register the hd1/hd3 with sonicstage by connecting the pc to the web. basically open up sonicstage, go to the connect shop and account, then register the unit with the pc. u are allowed upto 5 pcs on one unit.
    i believe you have to be registered with connect first, so create an account. then login, i forget exactly how to register the new device, but it is definately possible. as i say u are allowed registration on 5 pcs. it might be a problem unregistering a pc, without unregistering it from that pc if it is broken or sold, however u can ring connect up and they will unreg it if need be.
    i have mine on 3 pcs, by default u are only allowed 1 until registering.
    the only way around having no web access is to delete the hd1 by initializing it so deleting its hard disk.

4. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I have never had such a problem I have been using sonic stage 2.3 with my NW-MS90D memory stick player and then just plugged in my NW-HD1 and it works fine. What version of windows are you using? and if its XP make sure you have the latest drivers including SP2!

5. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its nothing to do with drivers, the hd1 has a tight copyright control built in. to use it on any other pc, it will not be recognised by the new pc unless A
    U reinitialize it, deleting its hard disk or B register an account with connect.com, and then register it with that pc in your account. u can reg 5 pcs but all need web access except the first one maybe.

6. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    well I registered the player at my work place and had to install sonic stage 2.3 in order for the work pc to recognise it but went home and just simply plugged it in and no probs it didnt ask for anything.

7. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    perhaps latter hd1 have a different firmware

8. mushroom

mushroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i reinitialize the player, now it works. the problem with registring to connect is that i'm from Poland, and Connect isn't supported here

9. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep sounds about right. umm could log into a uk or irish isp using a uk or irish number for a few minutes (long distance call) and then register it. i believe u only have to do it once. it doesnt check every month. id read the instructions on the help file on how to register 1 unit on several pcs. i have forgotten how to do it but its def thru sonic stage.