1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nw-hd1 Huge Problem Help!!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by joesmith, Mar 22, 2005.

1. joesmith

joesmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, so I live in Canada and bought an NW-HD1 from someone in the US on ebay. Now I installed sonicstage and when I go to transfer songs, it says this:
    This ATRAC audio device is authorized with the music service, but this computer is not
    If you authorize this computer with the music service, you will be able to transfer tracks to the audio device. Do you want to authorize this computer now?

so I click yes, then it gives me this:

Non-U.S. Access

It appears that your computer is currently accessing Connect from outside the United States. Due to licensing restrictions, music on Connect is not available for download from outside the United States.

Questions? Contact Customer Service

I dont care about downloading from connect, I just want to be able to transfer music but if I try to it says I need to authorize.

This is what I have tryed:
    -selecting yes and no
    -Trying to deauthorize (This also gave me the Non-US Access message)
    -reinstalling sonicstage

Can someone please help, this thing has become useless

Thanks

2. joesmith

joesmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh and I also tryed that vaio transfer program and that says i need to authorize too

3. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    You need to initialize the hard drive on the player. Do that via the menu, it is at the bottom.

4. joesmith

joesmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    YES THank you so much!