Nw-HD Queries

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by SlimminyJimminy, Nov 3, 2005.

1. SlimminyJimminy

SlimminyJimminy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks. I recently got myself an Nw-hd5 and have to say I love it, bar a niggle or two. My first qustion is, is there a way to take music off the unit? The one I got was a demo model so hd loads of music on it that I'd like to keep, but if anything happens with the unit it'll be lost. Sonicstage wont let me transfer it off the hd5 and onto my computer. I know there arer programs for the Ipod that let you do this but is there one for the hd5?

My second query is a bit more serious. My pc wont recognise the hd5. Well, it recognises that theres an "atrac hdd" there but wont install the driver, so it wont work. It doesnt appear as a removeable drive and doesnt appear in the transfer section of sonicstage. I have tried t on my brothers computer ( a vaio) and the computer in work (a hp) and it works fine. Mine is a self -build. It goes through the installing driver thing then comes up that the driver is not signed for windows and do i want to continue (happened on the others two but worked fine) so I click yes , it then goes through the install process but stops at the end and says there is a problem and the unit wasnt set up. It give sthe following message " A service installation section in this INF file is invalid". Anyone got any ideas?Cheers

Ps is there a way to get sonicstage to save the music I rip from cd in an artist folder (like wmp). Whats happening is , say if I have 3 albums by an artist, queen for instance. i rip Innuendo, Live killers and the game. If I then go to the folder where its ripped to there are 3 for scattered around with the album names on, whereas if I rip them with wmp the three albums will be in a "queen" folder, which I prefer. Cheers again.

2. BenW

BenW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    First answer, nope you can't import from sony players.

Third answer, try ripping with an external program then importing to sonicstage. Thats what i've always done and it works perfectly

3. SlimminyJimminy

SlimminyJimminy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aww Boo-Urns. :)

Yeah I igured as much. The songs I have ripped before are with wmp so i'll do it with that.Cheers.

4. redherring

redherring

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi slimmy jimmy, I had the same problem- my pc wont recognise the player either. Im afraid I cant help you though, I had to give in and use another pc, but if you find a solution, that would be cool