nw-hd issues questions, a whole bagfull of fun :)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by watchinthewheel, Feb 26, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok i have an nw-hd3 and love it but i was wondering a few things that hopefully you can help me out with.

1)is there anything close to replacing sonic stage, god i hate that thing they deem fit to call software, it was coded by dyslexic monkeys i tell you! anyway, i know there arent any alternatives to it for the moment but i was wondering if sony plan to release an alternative or if there is anything elsewhere in development you know of? i would even choose a homemade beta above this, its terrible.

2)the service menu, what can it do, does anyone know? i have turned off the volume limiter, i have to say big thanks to whoever came up with that, its brilliant. but there were loads of other options, does anyone know what they do? i didnt want to mess about to find out because if i break it i cant afford a repair. I just dont like the fact that i cant tweak my beloved nw-hd3 to exactly how i want it.

3)remotes, i know there are 2 suggested options for it but both are expensive and neither seem exactly what i want anyway. are there any plans you know of from sony to release a proper remote in the uk/europe anytime soon? if not are there any other options than the 2 suggested remotes?

a load of questions there and any answers would be great, thanks a lot :thumbsup:

2. cylon

cylon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony are rumoured to release a bunch of new Flash and Hi-MD players probably by 2nd March which comes with Sonic Stage 3.0. Guys/gals at minidisco.org are
    patiently waiting for this one.

3. giannetto

giannetto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you feel a background hiss?

4. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    In response to your last question get the 35ELK I got mine from ebay for only £28!! thats the exact same one that they give with the NW-HD1 in Japan! and should work in the same way with the NW-HD3.

5. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was looking on ebay but im not sure, can that small display actualy show everything you need for navigating menus? the bigger 40elk looks like it could but i just dont think its possible with the 35elk. has anyone tried it? to confirm what it can and cant do?

6. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey sounds good, but will it actualy be any better? the rubbish we have now isnt the first release so they have to have actualy developed it into what it is now. i cant imagine how any development could have led to something so bad but still.

btw re the hissing sounds, nope i dont hear any hissing.

7. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    The 35ELK is perfect it displays everthing...its the one that comes with the NW-HD1 in Japan!!!

8. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice one, ill be getting that then, thanks for the tip :smashin: does anyone know why sony didnt include a remote with the european hd3, and possibly the japanese hd3?

9. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    obviously to save costs lol

10. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but why make a really really great piece of kit with great spec and some dazzling technology then cheap out on a remote, surely cutting corners would have been less obvious elsewhere and wouldnt have effected sales.