1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-E99 Help!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jiggling_john, Jul 30, 2005.

1. jiggling_john

jiggling_john

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know how to transfer files from the player to your pc? My dad just gave me his on the condition I can save his music for him!

is there any way to do this/piece of software that will help me?

TIA

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Afraid not. The music on the player can't be extracted.

3. Lamplighter

Lamplighter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi jiggling.. I assume you're talking about the Sony NW-E99 flash MP3 ? Yes you can take tracks off the player and put them on your PC. In order to have put them on the player in the first place I imagine you would have had them in your Sonic Stage library in the first place ??
    If for some reason this is'nt the case just download Sonic Stage and hook the player up, there will be an option to transfer songs from your library to the device or go from the device to your library, just go from the device to you library. The songs will be deleted from your NW-E99 and be kept on your Sonic Stage library, it's quite easy.
    Good luck, LL-
    I hope we are talking about the same player ??? If not then please disregard.

4. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    The player doesn't actually transfer the files back. It just deletes the file from the player if they exist in your library and you press 'transfer <-'.

I was assuming in this case that the original files were deleted or the computer moved. Without additional registration, Sonicstage ties the player to a particular PC and if you delete songs off it, move PC's etc then you can't get them back from the player.

5. Lamplighter

Lamplighter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't quite sure what his situation was. Now I understand, after reading your reply I got nervous figuring that once you filled up the player that was it !! No more room for new songs.
    All is well !!
    Cheers, LL-