Nvidia Ultimate Countdown (RTX 3000 or something else!)

Did you manage to successfully purchase a GeForce RTX 3090/3080/3070?

• Yes – RTX 3080

Votes: 74 26.7%
  • Yes – RTX 3070

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Yes – RTX 3090

Votes: 40 14.4%
  • Unable at the moment

Votes: 76 27.4%
  • Absolutely No Chance!

Votes: 42 15.2%
  • Yes - RTX 3080Ti

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Yes - RTX 3070Ti

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
Hence I said most. You've named 3 manufacturers out of probably 20 or more.
As mentioned, the FE is sold by Scan, and they'll only deal with the original purchaser. Other manufacturers ask you to go through the retailer (Palit, for example). Still a huge risk paying well over RRP with the potential for no warranty
Well then at least people that want to take the risk and buy second hand know which companies other transferable warranties. Even if it’s only 3 out of the 12 Nvidia AiB partners at least there are some out there.

The one on these classifieds here for a grand was MSI is presumably transferrable. My point still stands Tho.imo this place was much better having the old rules, you don't scalp 2nd hand goods and if requested you would supply the recipt . It was like that here for years. Am not sure who decided it was better to change.. anyways I shall get off my soap box on that one. Not my site, not my rules I guess

The one on these classifieds here for a grand was MSI is presumably transferrable.
Maybe. But most electronics ask you to go to the retailer in the first year.

3090 just dropped. Those looking for a 3080 keep an eye on telegram

Can't even add to basket.
The add to basket didn't come up straight away.
Tried getting one but I chose PayPal which took too long.

S'gone :rotfl:

By the time I got the option to add to basket it was no longer available.

What are the RRP for the 3060, 3070 and 3080 cards? I know the 3090s RRP are around £1500 as no one is scalping them.

It’s been so long, since I’ve seen any in stock I’ve lost track on what normal prices are.

I’m in no rush for one just yet, as I endeavour not to pay a stupid amount to said scalpers.

And prices are increasing. Going rate for ab AIB 3070 is now £650 on amazon.

And prices are increasing. Going rate for ab AIB 3070 is now £650 on amazon.
That’s how much my tuf oC 3070 was. Been inpatient and needed something while was waiting for a 3080

I’m now regretting selling my RX 580 before getting my hands on a 3060ti. Although the good news is I got £255 for my old gpu. Crazy times!

I’m now regretting selling my RX 580 before getting my hands on a 3060ti. Although the good news is I got £255 for my old gpu. Crazy times!
You got £255 for a used RX 580?

some prices are nuts. i am seeing 1080tis going for close the £400.... i only paid £580 for mine brand new over 2 years ago.

i keep weighing up if i could cope going back to my gtx 980 for a few months and selling my 1080ti now...... but that would mean no vr for a bit.

OTOH prices not so good for my old cpu mobo and ram :(

My Vega 56 is with OcUK for RMA (was causing system crashes), if/when I get it back and I want to sell it, they're going for around £250 on t'bay... that's how much I paid for it almost two years ago! Crazy times!

some prices are nuts. i am seeing 1080tis going for close the £400.... i only paid £580 for mine brand new over 2 years ago.

i keep weighing up if i could cope going back to my gtx 980 for a few months and selling my 1080ti now...... but that would mean no vr for a bit.

OTOH prices not so good for my old cpu mobo and ram :(
Got £460 for my 1080ti on ebay just before the 3000 series landed. Bit nuts to hear they're still going for close to that.

Did anyone see the news yesterday that Nvidia is bringing back the 2080/2080ti for sale because of the 30x0 shortages? :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom