Nvidia Ultimate Countdown (RTX 3000 or something else!)

Did you manage to successfully purchase a GeForce RTX 3090/3080/3070?

• Yes – RTX 3080

Votes: 74 26.7%
  • Yes – RTX 3070

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Yes – RTX 3090

Votes: 40 14.4%
  • Unable at the moment

Votes: 76 27.4%
  • Absolutely No Chance!

Votes: 42 15.2%
  • Yes - RTX 3080Ti

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Yes - RTX 3070Ti

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
O
Not that surprising. The gamble we’ve all just taken, is how long it takes for nv to release the 20gb supers. Is this year too soon?

O

Not that surprising. The gamble we’ve all just taken, is how long it takes for nv to release the 20gb supers. Is this year too soon?

Possibly. Depends on how big an issue the 10GB of VRAM turns out to be and whether AMD threaten the 3080 enough that Nvidia feel they should roll out the 20GB to counter it or not. It's all a bit Septic Peg at the moment.

If the GDDR6X is really expensive though that 20GB model could be what, up to a grand?

Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm too worried about what my work prospects look like for 2021 to get involved with buying anything at the moment so am going to have to live vicariously through you lot, and hopefully when the dust settles and if things are okay in the new year look at picking up something then.

My order from Scam is still showing 'Awaiting Picking'

It didn't state I was pre-ordering when purchasing, it stated in stock and would arrive today.
I have been trying to get through to live chat but been in the queue for an hour and moved from position 99 to 76.

TBH, they should of sent an email stating it wouldn't arrive tomorrow.

O

With already having a top, factory OC 2080Ti I'm starting to think about cancelling my Amazon ASUS 3080 and wait for the 20GB 3080Super. The none OC 3080 looks to be only delivering around 10-15fps improvement at 4K except with RTX heavy games like Control.

What time did your order email arrive?

First one came in at 2:14pm, then I got the "Order Placed" email at 4:05pm (and the site updated to actually show my order), payment authorised email at 4:58pm. It's been sat in awaiting picking since then (and I'm assuming will be until they get more stock in).

My order from Scam is still showing 'Awaiting Picking'

It didn't state I was pre-ordering when purchasing, it stated in stock and would arrive today.
I have been trying to get through to live chat but been in the queue for an hour and moved from position 99 to 76.

TBH, they should of sent an email stating it wouldn't arrive tomorrow.

I'm speaking to Scan now and it seems we are now all waiting on stock. They aren't very sure sounding though:

"Your order has come through fine but I don't think we have the stock to ship to you just yet unfortunately, keep an eye on your emails for further updates as we'll be chasing our supplier for a new date and will email you as soon as we can with an ETA"

Let me know what they tell you.

I'm speaking to Scan now and it seems we are now all waiting on stock. They aren't very sure sounding though:

"Your order has come through fine but I don't think we have the stock to ship to you just yet unfortunately, keep an eye on your emails for further updates as we'll be chasing our supplier for a new date and will email you as soon as we can with an ETA"

Let me know what they tell you.

I am still in queue position 48.
I really don't think they will give much information, I am just really annoyed as when I ordered it stated I was buying and not pre-ordering.
I was given a delivery date of today, all through the order process.

Now it seems I am probably not going to get the card till October, they have just taken my money and I feel that I have been conned by them.
I would of tried getting one somewhere else if I didn't think I would be getting today, as my order was taken and completed at 2.04

First one came in at 2:14pm, then I got the "Order Placed" email at 4:05pm (and the site updated to actually show my order), payment authorised email at 4:58pm. It's been sat in awaiting picking since then (and I'm assuming will be until they get more stock in).

Mine was 2.05pm (not for the same card). They've told me pretty much the same thing apart from no ETA.

Actually they've just said:

"Our current date for more stock is the 30th of November, but we'll keep an eye on this and let you know if anything changes"

I am still in queue position 48.
I really don't think they will give much information, I am just really annoyed as when I ordered it stated I was buying and not pre-ordering.
I was given a delivery date of today, all through the order process.

Now it seems I am probably not going to get the card till October, they have just taken my money and I feel that I have been conned by them.
I would of tried getting one somewhere else if I didn't think I would be getting today, as my order was taken and completed at 2.04

The live chat guy is just firefighting. He doesn't seem to know what is happening.

My overclockers has progressed further and says order received-not yet shipped

It's gotten past the payment part.

Mine was 2.05pm (not for the same card). They've told me pretty much the same thing apart from no ETA.

They've just said:

"Our current date for more stock is the 30th of November, but we'll keep an eye on this and let you know if anything changes"

Guessing we can take the stock dates with a pinch of salt then. I'll keep an eye on this thread and post updates as and when I get them.

What card did you order out of interest?

Guessing we can take the stock dates with a pinch of salt then. I'll keep an eye on this thread and post updates as and when I get them.

What card did you order out of interest?

The MSI trio.

I think it’s a case of the majority of these retailers just didn’t have the stock in to sell, and probably weren’t aware of quantities even yesterday.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s late October/November when we actually start to see cards arrive. If your in a queue at the moment then it’s probably best to hang on asI doubt you’ll get the card any sooner by trying to order somewhere else.

Well chased amazon, and they’ve stated they’ve not charged me yet just put the “block” bit in my card, but heavily tried to cancel my order as the item is not available and couldn’t tell me when it would be.
I told them to keep my order as is, least I’ll be first in line if/when they do get them :rolleyes:

I think it’s a case of the majority of these retailers just didn’t have the stock in to sell, and probably weren’t aware of quantities even yesterday.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s late October/November when we actually start to see cards arrive. If your in a queue at the moment then it’s probably best to hang on asI doubt you’ll get the card any sooner by trying to order somewhere else.

Yeah there's no chance I'm cancelling my order now, I managed to squeak in at the first wave price and I'm happy to chill until the stock starts coming in. My 1060 6gb is just going to have to keep trundling along for now.

Got my refund already from CCL, thankfully not the 3 to 5 days wait time.

Ccl have advised me I am number 35 in the queue

My overclockers has progressed further and says order received-not yet shipped

It's gotten past the payment part.
Just because they have your money doesn't mean you'll see the card anytime soon

Just because they have your money doesn't mean you'll see the card anytime soon
Yup agreed. Just hoping they don't cancel as I got my card at 650, not the now increased prices

The MSI trio.

Finally got through to Scam, they just said the following:-
Your order is a pre-order , we are expecting more stock for the card on your order on the 30th of November but this is just an estimate, we'll keep you up to date via email as best as we can and let you know if this date changes

Youtube influencers pre-launch - here look at this card we got given to us to make us money on videos. Get hyped up, it's amazing, look how little it costs and how fast it is. Buy one now! Don't forget to like comment and sub.

Youtube influencers two days later - you're all idiots for getting caught up in the hype that we helped generate. But watch this video to make us more money.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom