Nvidia Ultimate Countdown (RTX 3000 or something else!)

Did you manage to successfully purchase a GeForce RTX 3090/3080/3070?

• Yes – RTX 3080

Votes: 74 26.7%
  • Yes – RTX 3070

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Yes – RTX 3090

Votes: 40 14.4%
  • Unable at the moment

Votes: 76 27.4%
  • Absolutely No Chance!

Votes: 42 15.2%
  • Yes - RTX 3080Ti

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Yes - RTX 3070Ti

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
I had late October from CCL.
Scan = November.
Did Nvidia just make a couple of 1000 units for the whole World?

I guess the next round of supply will only go to "pre-orders", so us that cancelled will indeed be waiting on Navi or after Christmas!! My 1070 is killing me!! (okay - a little bit of hyperbole there)!

I was hoping when the 3080 Super came out us poor people that didn't get the original would buy it easily since everyone else has their new toy. Maybe not by the looks of things!! :-(

Youtube influencers pre-launch - here look at this card we got given to us to make us money on videos. Get hyped up, it's amazing, look how little it costs and how fast it is. Buy one now! Don't forget to like comment and sub.

Youtube influencers two days later - you're all idiots for getting caught up in the hype that we helped generate. But watch this video to make us more money.

Yeah he's coming off a bit of a bell to be honest.

I tried yesterday, but shortly gave up. I am going to keep rocking my excellent RTX 2070 until next year until the next big thing is released then grab either a 3080 or Super version.

Mine just turned up. I'm stupidly lucky, but also really happy. I hope stock comes in quickly for everyone else hoping to get one. That launch was awful.

In reality, while I don’t think this was a paper launch, I think it was very very poorly considered.

1) The world population grows each year- (relevance?) releasing the “same amount” of stock from previous releases is pointless, the growth curve in population against popularity in gaming tells you demand should always go up
2) We’re in a pandemic, when most countries and people have had to experience lock down measures like never before, which has increased the popularity of gaming, so again it’s obvious the demand would be huge.
3) It was rushed. WHY SEPTEMBER? Why the 17th? Why give your partners zero time to source design and build their product? There was no competitive pressure at all, no AMD dates, so was no reason to rush a release when manufacturing had only started 7 weeks before.

I honestly think this would have been so much better of a launch, if nvidia from the outset set a mid October launch with and supported initial pre orders. More time for reviewers, (more importantly) more time for stock to be both developed, and released to resellers ready to ship.

Instead we go “no preorders and here’s 1,000 units to serve a 100,000,000 audience demand” after which, youl just end up preordering from the next batch anyway.

Mine just turned up. I'm stupidly lucky, but also really happy. I hope stock comes in quickly for everyone else hoping to get one. That launch was awful.
Congrats man! Enjoy the most valuable commodify in the tech world right now.
Hell make a YouTube video unboxing and setting up, and get rich from the millions of haters viewings and commenting about it being a paper launch.. at the very least, it YouTube might pay for your card :D

If i was AMD , i would be sh!tt!ng my self right about now ...
there's no doubt someone at AMD will have seen what's just happened over the past 23 hours
100,000+ possibly a hell of a lot more of people around the world are trying to buy the new 3080 , the 3070 comes out in on the 15th Oct , my guess the 3070 will be a lot more popular ( i know a few guys who are only wanting the 3070 )
AMD bring out RDNA 2 at the end of Oct ....
so within that time frame (5 weeks or so ) a lot of people hopefully will have bought the new RTX card/s , there's just far to much hype over the 3080 for people to just stop wanting it ...
people just ain't really going to be bothered about what the new cards from AMD are going to be like i'm thinking AMD have left far to late ....

Pictures or it didn't happen !!!! :p
Congrats man! Enjoy the most valuable commodify in the tech world right now.
Hell make a YouTube video unboxing and setting up, and get rich from the millions of haters viewings and commenting about it being a paper launch.. at the very least, it YouTube might pay for your card :D
I think we should just ban him , only two post- won't be mist anyways ...
probably never see them again anyways .... lol😁

I bought one in ebuyer listed as in stock - dared to hope I'd got lucky. They even let me pay for next day delivery.

Like everyone else I've now been told that they have no cards, no idea when they'll get them and they can't ship a card they don't have. Of course, they can still charge extra for next day delivery for a card they don't have.

It's a sad situation. The retailers have done themselves no favours here, regardless of the supply issues there's been loads of shenanigans

If i was AMD , i would be sh!tt!ng my self right about now ...
there's no doubt someone at AMD will have seen what's just happened over the past 23 hours
100,000+ possibly a hell of a lot more of people around the world are trying to buy the new 3080 , the 3070 comes out in on the 15th Oct , my guess the 3070 will be a lot more popular ( i know a few guys who are only wanting the 3070 )
AMD bring out RDNA 2 at the end of Oct ....
so within that time frame (5 weeks or so ) a lot of people hopefully will have bought the new RTX card/s , there's just far to much hype over the 3080 for people to just stop wanting it ...
people just ain't really going to be bothered about what the new cards from AMD are going to be like i'm thinking AMD have left far to late ....

Are we sure they are bringing it out end of October though - it's been an announcement of an announcement so far from AMD for RDNA2 launch...
And I also think we are being a little hopeful that anything other than 3080 cards yet to hit retail (quite a few absent yesterday from any site in the UK) are going to appear for sale within 5 weeks. If the most they could manage was a dozen or so cards at "50 worldwide retailers" (Nvidia's words) and there was THOUSANDS of people on the Scan site yesterday alone, this is going to be a much longer ride than a few weeks for restocks. IMO of course.
They had months to ramp for launch and delivered next to nothing stock wise, I doubt a month later we are going have much more - even if was double the amount it's not even close to enough to satisfy demand.

Thinking on AMD - have they the capacity to get all this stuff out to customers? They have new Ryzen for this year, GPUs and both the new consoles to satisfy with silicon and there is 3 months left of this year. It doesn't seem feasible to me personally with the way logistics seems to be working at the mo.

EBuyer are showing their RTX 3080 listings at £700+ now with availability on 30th November 2020.

What a complete shambles of a launch. It's a paper one at best here in the UK with what seems like extremely limited stock. I suspect the reviewers got most of these cards!

Almost got a Founders Edition 3080 from NVIDIA as I was able to click on Order and then Checkout but the site hung while displaying the checking out box and eventually after refreshing I found my basket had reset to zero. When I retried the cards were again showing as OUT_OF_STOCK (why the underscores?).

Not too bothered to be fair; I keep the £649 in my bank but I won't deny I am a teensy-weensy bit disappointed as an owner of a 3.5 year old GTX 1080 Ti that is looking forward to trying out raytracing and DLSS at playable framerates.

Are we sure they are bringing it out end of October though - it's been an announcement of an announcement so far from AMD for RDNA2 launch...
And I also think we are being a little hopeful that anything other than 3080 cards yet to hit retail (quite a few absent yesterday from any site in the UK) are going to appear for sale within 5 weeks. If the most they could manage was a dozen or so cards at "50 worldwide retailers" (Nvidia's words) and there was THOUSANDS of people on the Scan site yesterday alone, this is going to be a much longer ride than a few weeks for restocks. IMO of course.
They had months to ramp for launch and delivered next to nothing stock wise, I doubt a month later we are going have much more - even if was double the amount it's not even close to enough to satisfy demand.

Thinking on AMD - have they the capacity to get all this stuff out to customers? They have new Ryzen for this year, GPUs and both the new consoles to satisfy with silicon and there is 3 months left of this year. It doesn't seem feasible to me personally with the way logistics seems to be working at the mo.
Good point i was thinking the AMD cards came out at the end of Oct . (my bad )
that could be even worse for them tho ( longer time period for nvidia to get caught up on the demand and possibly have more stock available )
and if AMD bring the RNDA2 later on in the year towards the end of 2020, my guess people will try and get the Nvidia cards ..

Don't get me wrong the 3080 and/or 3070 will have a shortage for a good while i know that , my guess - people will be waiting months !

I just have a feeling because of the "hype" around the new RTX cards that will be the one's that people will try to buy ... and not bother about AMD
having said that , i do hope AMD bring out something "great" and at a decent price ..

last thing we want is Nvidia ruling the market again and keeping the prises high!!!

Almost got a Founders Edition 3080 from NVIDIA as I was able to click on Order and then Checkout but the site hung while displaying the checking out box and eventually after refreshing I found my basket had reset to zero. When I retried the cards were again showing as OUT_OF_STOCK (why the underscores?).

Same happened to me, twice. f*** nvidia.

Good point i was thinking the AMD cards came out at the end of Oct . (my bad )
that could be even worse for them tho ( longer time period for nvidia to get caught up on the demand and possibly have more stock available )
and if AMD bring the RNDA2 later on in the year towards the end of 2020, my guess people will try and get the Nvidia cards ..

Don't get me wrong the 3080 and/or 3070 will have a shortage for a good while i know that , my guess - people will be waiting months !

I just have a feeling because of the "hype" around the new RTX cards that will be the one's that people will try and buy ... and not bother about AMD
having said that , i do hope AMD bring out something "great" and at a decent price ..

Oh absolutely - mindshare is everything in the war for the consumers wallet!
The only way AMD can win that or even a percentage of that is going to price / performance OR availability -everyone lusting after an RTX that you cannot buy, or an AMD equivalent that runs Cyberpunk or whatever this holiday season rather than next year. Bingo! It doesn't have to beat Nvidia on benchmarks, it just has to be up there and available to buy at the moment for the vast majority - there will be the enthusiasts of course who have to have fastest.
They come in with a similar paper launch and it will just fizzle out in between one Nvidia launch and another.
Especially given Nvidia's previous track record, holding back SKU's to counteract AMD launches and "flipping switches" in drivers to open more performance or whatever.

I’m guessing they are talking about the FE stock when they say “dozens” also if you watch the Gamers Nexus a lot of the AIBs are saying they have only sold 10% of their manufactured stock and October should see a larger influx of stock being received by retailers.

I'm hearing rumours theres going to be a better vbios without the same crappy power limit holding the cards back coming out when AMD cards launch to change the goal posts on those new cards.

Edit: Before someone's upset by me saying 370w is a crappy limit, I mean in terms of what the cores are capable of with more watts.

Oh absolutely - mindshare is everything in the war for the consumers wallet!
The only way AMD can win that or even a percentage of that is going to price / performance OR availability -everyone lusting after an RTX that you cannot buy, or an AMD equivalent that runs Cyberpunk or whatever this holiday season rather than next year. Bingo! It doesn't have to beat Nvidia on benchmarks, it just has to be up there and available to buy at the moment for the vast majority - there will be the enthusiasts of course who have to have fastest.
They come in with a similar paper launch and it will just fizzle out in between one Nvidia launch and another.
Especially given Nvidia's previous track record, holding back SKU's to counteract AMD launches and "flipping switches" in drivers to open more performance or whatever.
All tho saying what i'v said ( lost cause) i do hope AMD bring out something fantastic.
we need them too tbh . and with a bit luck AMD will learn from Nvidia's (sh!t show that we have seen) - over the next few week/months and have stock ready "to go"

i just hope AMD don't take nvidia's approach and try to sell their GPU's for stupid amounts of money
we need cheaper GPU's as the PC market is getting way to expensive lately ...

but ( in my eyes) their did the right thing with the Ryzen CPU's better than intel in a lot of ways and cheaply too , i just hope RDNA is the same ... cheap GPU with the performance we need .

Should bring the Nvidia cards back down to MRRP too .. and not the greed that etailers are trying to charge now ...

In the hope that I might have a card coming tomorrow I bothered to open up my pc and check for size.

I have a 1080 Ti with ample space around it so assumed I'd be fine in a mid size tower case (Cooler Master N300) but now I'm not so sure.

The back of the card might butt up against the power cables coming out of an SSD drive but the big concern is the width as it looks like it might overlap with some cables that go into the motherboard itself (MSI Z370-A-Pro). I'm not overly techie as you can tell.

Fingers crossed.

I've a pre-order with OC at the moment, I'm seriously considering now all the fuss is over whether to just cancel it anyway. With Lockdown two coming I'm a little fearful of needing the money and I do have a 2070S and only game at 1440p anyway!!!

In fact - I've just cancelled it. I may just get an Xbox X on the all access jobby!

My mate got an email from OCUK saying he's in a queue and its first come first served.

In fact - I've just cancelled it. I may just get an Xbox X on the all access jobby!
Let's hope the XBox release doesn't follow the same pattern!

Well on some good news Shopto have given me the option to change my "registered interest" to a "Pre-order" for the PS5 ... :clap:

I will buy something new and shiny this year :D ( or matt being the case )

might have to think about the changing 3080 to a 3070 or 2080ti now ...
if only money would grow on trees 🙄

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom