Nvidia Ultimate Countdown (RTX 3000 or something else!)

Did you manage to successfully purchase a GeForce RTX 3090/3080/3070?

• Yes – RTX 3080

Votes: 74 26.7%
  • Yes – RTX 3070

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Yes – RTX 3090

Votes: 40 14.4%
  • Unable at the moment

Votes: 76 27.4%
  • Absolutely No Chance!

Votes: 42 15.2%
  • Yes - RTX 3080Ti

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Yes - RTX 3070Ti

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
Is there any word on whether it's still only 1 * 3xxx series FE cards per person? I bought a 3060Ti about 18 months ago and am looking to get a 3060/Ti in the next drop

People: You do not need more than 10GB VRAM
Crysis Remastered with RT and "Can it run Crysis" settings: Hold my beer, I need 16GB VRAM :D

Is there any word on whether it's still only 1 * 3xxx series FE cards per person? I bought a 3060Ti about 18 months ago and am looking to get a 3060/Ti in the next drop
Yes - still in force at Scan. Only one 30xx per household. Text is on their site.
I've tried a couple of times over last 12 months to get one for my son's PC and whilst I've got thru checkout its always been cancelled at the last minute. So they are checking.

No worries, he can have my 3070ti and I'll nab a 40xx, because they will be in ready supply of course ;)

Quick one; perhaps wrong thread.

I am looking to hand over my 3070ti to my son as and when I move along the ladder.
Is it possible to 'save' an MSI AB profile from my PC (memory clocking, under volting, fan profiles) so that I can save some time getting it set up and import that to his? I appreciate his system will be a little different from mine and will need fine tuning but at least an import of my profile will give him a head start.

I have tried RTFM btw :)

Quick one; perhaps wrong thread.

I am looking to hand over my 3070ti to my son as and when I move along the ladder.
Is it possible to 'save' an MSI AB profile from my PC (memory clocking, under volting, fan profiles) so that I can save some time getting it set up and import that to his? I appreciate his system will be a little different from mine and will need fine tuning but at least an import of my profile will give him a head start.

I have tried RTFM btw :)
It's possible, yes.
MSI AB settings and profiles are saved under c:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Profiles\
As long as the hardware ID for the card doesn't change (it shouldn't, since you are moving the card), you ought to be able to just install drivers, install AB and run it once then exit it, copy the files in that directory, start AB again and it'll detect the profiles and settings.
I do this when wiping Windows and also did it once after changing the MB and CPU (so basically it was a "new system"). Never had issues...

3080FE's showing in stock on nvidia just now ...

3080FE's showing in stock on nvidia just now ...

Yes, in stock. Maybe not the very best 3080, but at £650, still the best bang-for-buck card by miles, there are 3070s 3060Ti still going for more than that.

Yes, in stock. Maybe not the very best 3080, but at £650, still the best bang-for-buck card by miles, there are 3070s 3060Ti still going for more than that.
tempted myself but I know I should hang out for 40 series ....

tempted myself but I know I should hang out for 40 series ....
You know you want it.... It would actually be a good upgrade for your system, if your sig is current. You can still flip a 2070 for about £250 on ebay. Think it's safe to assume Nvidia will price bump the new generation if they think they can get away with it.

You know you want it.... It would actually be a good upgrade for your system, if your sig is current. You can still flip a 2070 for about £250 on ebay. Think it's safe to assume Nvidia will price bump the new generation if they think they can get away with it.
37% apparently increase but some of the test I just looked at show red dead for example doing 68fps on 2070 at 1440p compared to 3080 at 90fps, 3k is 48fps to 57fps so not huge jumps

2070 would probably just go to my son and I might still want to get 4080 as it would be better for more games at 4k :D

37% apparently increase but some of the test I just looked at show red dead for example doing 68fps on 2070 at 1440p compared to 3080 at 90fps, 3k is 48fps to 57fps so not huge jumps

2070 would probably just go to my son and I might still want to get 4080 as it would be better for more games at 4k :D
It's bit more than that. GN measured it at over 60% faster than a 2070 Super, 77 vs. 127fps. I went from a 2080Ti to 3080 and I could feel the difference. At 1440P pretty much every game you just select max settings and don't even worry about it.

1655385063704.png

Still in stock. Shocking really
As for not the best 3080, I've had a Palit, EVGA and 3080 FE and the 3080 FE is the best. Same with the 3090 FE

As for not the best 3080, I've had a Palit, EVGA and 3080 FE and the 3080 FE is the best. Same with the 3090 FE
I have the 3080FE. It's not the worst 3080 either. It's quite compact compared to the triple fan designs and has really nice design and build quality, but the cooler doesn't leave much headroom for overclocks and its a bit noisy at high fan speeds. But at £200-400 less than other models, there is no comparison - 3080FE all day long.

Still in stock 3 hours later, unreal though very interesting. They were barely available for 3 minutes in the past! It just shows how many of them were being snapped up by opportunist scalpers and miners, who clearly no longer want them. Mind many gamers are probably now in the 'wait for 4000' series mindset.

Still in stock 3 hours later, unreal though very interesting. They were barely available for 3 minutes in the past! It just shows how many of them were being snapped up by opportunist scalpers and miners, who clearly no longer want them. Mind many gamers are probably now in the 'wait for 4000' series mindset.
Yep. CEX will only offer £450 cash and will sell you one for £700, so not worth the hassle for scalping.

so 3080's are gone but nvidia shop showing stock for FE's of 3060ti, 3070, 3070ti and 3080ti now.

3080's look like they came back in to stock ... is this shifting of stocks starting from nvidia?

3080's look like they came back in to stock ... is this shifting of stocks starting from nvidia?
No, it's the shifting of people not making immediate profit on them

Trying to order a 3080 FE, but because I've had a Rtx3070 from them well over a year ago now, it's declining the order, ridiculous from scan really that even now it's 1 rtx card per customer!
Can I get the missus to order it in her name, or will it decline because its the same address?

Trying to order a 3080 FE, but because I've had a Rtx3070 from them well over a year ago now, it's declining the order, ridiculous from scan really that even now it's 1 rtx card per customer!
Can I get the missus to order it in her name, or will it decline because its the same address?
I'd say you have nothing to lose by trying it

I wonder if ordering this close to 40 series release will have any impact on getting one of them via scan?

I had a card in the past too and have been completely unable to order another one. Tried different address, different payment card different phone number it just won't have it. Some people obviously know how to beat the system to get multiple cards. Only way I could think to do it is to get a friend to order for me but then it won't be in my name and would likely be out of stock by the time I got it arranged.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom