Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Nvidia TV Out and Widescreen.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by WicKeD, Jun 7, 2004.

1. WicKeD

WicKeD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I've recently bought myself a new Loewe Aventos 3981 ZW set to replace my broken Sony Triniton 4:3 set (Forgot the model). Well anyway I've got my PC hooked up to the set over S-Video from my Geforce 4ti which is all well and good at 1024x768.

However! When I try using custom widescreen resolutions 1024x576 or 848x480 the set wont show a picture just a blank screen. I've downloaded powerstrip to try tweaking custom resolutions but to no avail. I'm sure this really shouldn't be this difficult a task to get a widescreen resolution displayed on my set.

Can anyone offer me any pointers to get this working or confirm that I won't be able to get widescreen resolutions over S-Video.

Anyway some i-kandi http://www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3 gotta love WMVHD :D

___

TV: Loewe Aventos 3981 ZW
    Amp: Yamaha DSP-AX630SE
    Speakers: B&W 602S3
    DVD: BUSH DVD2020
    Digital TV: NTL:Home Pace Digital STB
    Games: XBOX!

2. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got a FX5200 outputing s-video to my Toshiba RPTV with no problems and the desktop resolution is set to something like 856x480 for 1:1 mapping with powerstrip into my AE100. However, while the desktop appears to be in a 16:9 ratio, any video output appears to be 4:3 - fine for me as it's a 4:3 TV.

The two displays are set to clone, with the TV set as the 'Full Screen Device'. The VGA out to the projector is the primary display. I had a lot of problems initially but downloading a new set of drivers from nVidia back in January solved them. If you're only running a single display then it shouldn't be difficult to get it working.

Cheers

Simon

3. WicKeD

WicKeD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest I've given up the only thing close to a 16:9 resolution I could get displayed was 720x480. I've concluded that its one of two things the Nvidia Drivers or the TV Scan rates. Both of which I could not be bothered messing around with.

Chances are Ill be getting the VGA add-on for my set soon so I'll stick to watching High Def media files on the monitor :S

Hopefully one day soon, 1080p Plasma sets will be £999 in argos!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1430328,00.asp