1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia TV Out and Widescreen.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by WicKeD, Jun 7, 2004.

1. WicKeD

WicKeD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I've recently bought myself a new Loewe Aventos 3981 ZW set to replace my broken Sony Triniton 4:3 set (Forgot the model). Well anyway I've got my PC hooked up to the set over S-Video from my Geforce 4ti which is all well and good at 1024x768.

However! When I try using custom widescreen resolutions 1024x576 or 848x480 the set wont show a picture just a blank screen. I've downloaded powerstrip to try tweaking custom resolutions but to no avail. I'm sure this really shouldn't be this difficult a task to get a widescreen resolution displayed on my set.

Can anyone offer me any pointers to get this working or confirm that I won't be able to get widescreen resolutions over S-Video.

Anyway some i-kandi http://www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3 gotta love WMVHD :D

___

TV: Loewe Aventos 3981 ZW
    Amp: Yamaha DSP-AX630SE
    Speakers: B&W 602S3
    DVD: BUSH DVD2020
    Digital TV: NTL:Home Pace Digital STB
    Games: XBOX!

2. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got a FX5200 outputing s-video to my Toshiba RPTV with no problems and the desktop resolution is set to something like 856x480 for 1:1 mapping with powerstrip into my AE100. However, while the desktop appears to be in a 16:9 ratio, any video output appears to be 4:3 - fine for me as it's a 4:3 TV.

The two displays are set to clone, with the TV set as the 'Full Screen Device'. The VGA out to the projector is the primary display. I had a lot of problems initially but downloading a new set of drivers from nVidia back in January solved them. If you're only running a single display then it shouldn't be difficult to get it working.

Cheers

Simon

3. WicKeD

WicKeD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest I've given up the only thing close to a 16:9 resolution I could get displayed was 720x480. I've concluded that its one of two things the Nvidia Drivers or the TV Scan rates. Both of which I could not be bothered messing around with.

Chances are Ill be getting the VGA add-on for my set soon so I'll stick to watching High Def media files on the monitor :S

Hopefully one day soon, 1080p Plasma sets will be £999 in argos!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1430328,00.asp