Question Nvidia shield TV pro issue

blackmesa8

Ex Member
Reaction score
I got a brand new Nvidia shield TV pro today and connected it. It was working fine I had setup and logged into most of the apps i use was testing them playing videos etc.
Everything was working fine accept Twitch.tv app had a stutter then my power went out.

It did not take me long to realise it was the Nvidia shield TV that had blew the power then power went out 2nd time then 3rd time when i turned the shield back on also it displayed a distorted image with crazy lines. It seems the shield TV seems to have fried itself, it only gives out a distorted image now.

I have asked for a refund it has put me off nvidia shields now I was scared it had took out my TV..

Edit: ok it has taken out one of my desktop computers and my ps4 pro and Nintendo switch totally gutted.

Last edited:
Are you sure it wasn't your mains supply?
Sometime ago, there was a power surge in my street, it took out a clock radio & my electric shower. I made a claim against the electrical supplier, see if your neighbours have had a problem.

I would expect device power supply's would blow, before taking out the device itself.

Are you sure it wasn't your mains supply?
Sometime ago, there was a power surge in my street, it took out a clock radio & my electric shower. I made a claim against the electrical supplier, see if your neighbours have had a problem.

I would expect device power supply's would blow, before taking out the device itself.

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to get all 3 of my devices working, all I did was power everything off at mains for 5 minutes and turned back on and everything was fine again.

It was the Nvidia shield TV cutting the power not a powercut it did it 3 times after it did it the 1st time it would happen within 10 seconds of reconnecting the nvidia shield TV to power and trying to turn it on.

I confirmed it was the Nvidia shield pro too. I connected it to a LG 1080p monitor that has HDMI input and it did the same thing, started to boot with a distorted image and loads of lines down screen and flickering too then power went out again. (I had disconnected everything sensative for the test accept nvidia shield and cheap LG 1080p computer monitor).

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to get all 3 of my devices working, all I did was power everything off at mains for 5 minutes and turned back on and everything was fine again.

It was the Nvidia shield TV cutting the power not a powercut it did it 3 times after it did it the 1st time it would happen within 10 seconds of reconnecting the nvidia shield TV to power and trying to turn it on.

I confirmed it was the Nvidia shield pro too. I connected it to a LG 1080p monitor that has HDMI input and it did the same thing, started to boot with a distorted image and loads of lines down screen and flickering too then power went out again. (I had disconnected everything sensative for the test accept nvidia shield and cheap LG 1080p computer monitor).
Glad you seem to have sorted it out

Out of curiosity why would a brand new Nvidia Shield TV purchased from a reliable site brand new break out of the box like that and start making my consumer unit cut my power off?

It lasted 30 minutes maybe less before it broke and cut power 1st time, it won.t come back on now without blowing my power within 10 seconds or so and with a distorted broken computer graphics card type look. Before it randomly broke and blew my power it seemed to be working perfectly accept a stutter in twitch app which i was just starting to investigate when it blew on me.

It was replacing a Chromecast Ultra I have had for quite some time, it was connected into same HDMI port and power socket the Chromecast Ultra was connected too all this time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom