Nvidia Shield TV Pro: Capabilites

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
my TV can do Youtube HDR, but i wouldn't say it's worth £30 to get it though :D

All4, i can cast it from a mobile if the need ever arose (it hasn't so far - my TV doesn't have all4 either due to channel4s absurd business model of restricting access to it as much as possible).
I'll let you know how All4 looks direct from the Cube :smashin:

Amazon & YouTube had a falling out a little while back and thus the Native YouTube app was pulled from Amazon FireTV devices. They kissed and made up about a year ago and it's back now.

chenks

I'll let you know how All4 looks direct from the Cube :smashin:

no need, it'll be no different to how it is on any other device, be it mobile or TV.

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
I must admit I mainly use fire TV for Kodi stacked out with add-ons for football sky or BT sport are not showing 🤫 . Kodi on shield is nicely set up for home cinema only.
One of the things I'm interested in utilizing with the Gen2 FireTV Cube's new Hexacore processor is TiviMate. It can be quite a processor-intensive app this one, so the Cube should handle it quite nicely.

chenks

One of the things I'm interested in utilizing with the Gen2 FireTV Cube's new Hexacore processor is TiviMate. It can be quite a processor-intensive app this one, so the Cube should handle it quite nicely.

Tivimate seems to work just fine on even the lowest spec firestick, so not sure what improvements you are expecting - also bear in mind Tivimate is not officially available for any amazon device.

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
Tivimate seems to work just fine on even the lowest spec firestick, so not sure what improvements you are expecting - also bear in mind Tivimate is not officially available for any amazon device.
I am well aware of that yet it is very widely used on Amazon devices and supported as such through the TiviMate Talk Telegram Group.

chenks

I am well aware of that yet it is very widely used on Amazon devices and supported as such through the TiviMate Talk Telegram Group.

yes I am aware it used widely on Amazon devices, which is why I’m not sure what difference a cube is going to make in terms of performance

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
yes I am aware it used widely on Amazon devices, which is why I’m not sure what difference a cube is going to make in terms of performance
More stability for the app when larger and multiple playlists are used. People on the TiviMate Talk chat have seen the FireStick processors struggle with the app when these factors are used. The Cube's Hexa-core (Quad-core at up to 2.2GHz + Dual-core at up to 1.9GHz) Processors will help with this compared to the 2020 FireStick Quad Core 1.7Ghz procs.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom