Nvidia Shield Pro BT Sport Ultimate

tonyadamson

Evening all,

I've scanned through the forum but can't find an answer to my question so here goes.

Can anyone confirm either way if BT Sports Ultimate (4K HDR, Atmos etc) works on the 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro?

I have the BT Sport app. I have my BT Sport monthly pass. I have BT Sport channels in HD and the device checker confirms that 4K HDR is supported, is included in my package and my broadband speed is up to the job.

But, I have no BT Ultimate channel. It's just not there.

Hoping someone in the know can give me a straight "yes it works" or "no it doesn't work"

I have spoken to several people at BT btw. It's shocking how little those people actually know about the services that they actually sell!

Thanks in advance all.

tonyadamson

@tonyadamson how did you get on with this, did you manage to get ultimate up and running with HDR and Atmos?
@BritanniaJaf

Hi mate, yes and no. I have Ultimate with HDR working fine. What I didn't know but eventually found out is that on the BT sport app there isn't a dedicated Ultimate channel like there is on a set top box. When a game is available in 4K HDR it will default to that for that game.

Atmos though isn't working for me. I haven't had chance to try to figure this out but I need to really.

BritanniaJaf

Sorry @tonyadamson all good m8, looked stunning in proper 4k and dolby atmos was working fine as well. Never had to change anything on the shield/arc to get atmos so don't understand why you are not getting it.

Looking forward to PSG/City tomorrow night

tonyadamson

Sorry @tonyadamson all good m8, looked stunning in proper 4k and dolby atmos was working fine as well. Never had to change anything on the shield/arc to get atmos so don't understand why you are not getting it.

Looking forward to PSG/City tomorrow night
@BritanniaJaf

Hmm that's confusing then.

I was thinking about it the other day and remember last season I got BT Sport through Sky. HD and 5.1 surround but rather than the rear speakers outputting any sound the Atmos speakers kicked in playing what should be coming out of the rears. Does that make sense?

Maybe there's a problem in my set up but everything else works fine, just BT Sport

narmi47

Yup, I can confirm HDR and ATMOS works on the Nvidia shield Pro.

Watching it now.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom