• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Nvidia Shield OR Xbox One S (with Kodi?)

Which would you chose...

• Total voters

DotNetter

This relates to another question I've asked but it got me thinking. Most people recommend the shield as being the best streaming box. I know pretty much everyone uses kodi or plex for streaming. I believe the xbox doesn't currently support kodi though.

So my question - if Xbox supported Kodi and given it can be purchased for similar price to the Shield and it doubles as a Blu-ray player - would people still recommend the shield or the xbox as a streaming device?

Ignore the fact that the Shield can act as a plex server as that's not what I'm asking - I mean purely as a device that will support all current and future uses for watching video and catch up (uk) services/apps.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom