Nvidia Shield non-Pro HDR YouTube and other apps question?

jkk45

Established Member
Reaction score
Just realised after a few months of ownership that my Nvidia Shield (non Pro) doesn't support HDR on the YouTube app. Should've researched more.

My question is do all other apps on the Shield support it. Is there anything I should be aware of? I've tested Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video, and these all seem to be fine (TV successfully detects an HDR signal from the Shield), but are there any other non HDR compatible apps I should be aware of? iPlayer, as far as I can tell doesn't seem to support it, but I'm not sure whether this might just be a limitation of the app across all devices, rather than my Shield in particular.

Just realised after a few months of ownership that my Nvidia Shield (non Pro) doesn't support HDR on the YouTube app. Should've researched more.

My question is do all other apps on the Shield support it. Is there anything I should be aware of? I've tested Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video, and these all seem to be fine (TV successfully detects an HDR signal from the Shield), but are there any other non HDR compatible apps I should be aware of? iPlayer, as far as I can tell doesn't seem to support it, but I'm not sure whether this might just be a limitation of the app across all devices, rather than my Shield in particular.
Iplayer doesn't unless you sign into beta in the settings and only then if it's available, that's on all devices, other than that 4k hdr is pretty much available on all streaming services.

If anyone's still looking, I just came across this page: bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/uhd-supported-devices/#amazon

Nvidia Shield (regular or Pro versions) are not listed as a supported device for Ultra HD trials on iPlayer, as of Feb 2022. This clears things up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom