NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Owners Thread

Hi - can anyone please confirm whether Shield TV will run Disney + and Curzon apps? Neither are showing in Google store currently.
Thanks

Sort of, I'd seen that and was trying to find out if I'm on the beta programme, but can't see anywhere to view this. So - no - basically neither of the apps I am looking for is showing in the Google store.
Thanks

I just bought Nvidia Shield tv pro 2019 and I have a problem, can not get Netflix and Prime

Movies to get any audio except if its on PCM.

I need to chose “never use surround sound” option on the shield and then audio is on but PCM

I bought the Shield because I was hoping to get Atmos but I can not get even 5.1

I have onkyo rz730 with 5.2.4 speaker connection

Connection is

Nvidia-receiver-TV

Is it possible to be HDMI cables?

I just bought Nvidia Shield tv pro 2019 and I have a problem, can not get Netflix and Prime

Movies to get any audio except if its on PCM.

I need to chose “never use surround sound” option on the shield and then audio is on but PCM

I bought the Shield because I was hoping to get Atmos but I can not get even 5.1

I have onkyo rz730 with 5.2.4 speaker connection

Connection is

Nvidia-receiver-TV

Is it possible to be HDMI cables?

Honestly not sure on this one, if you can try another cable.

May I ask where you managed to buy the 2019 Shield? It's out of stock everywhere I've looked..

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi - can anyone please confirm whether Shield TV will run Disney + and Curzon apps? Neither are showing in Google store currently.
Thanks
I have Disney + on mine downloaded via us google store so it does work, it won’t probably come in till this weekend

My 2017 remote stopped working, so I've bought the upgraded one as a replacement directly from nVidia:
(Scroll down to the bottom, they are £27.99)

There are people selling the remotes alone on ebay and elseware for £50+.. Just wanted to make sure none of you get ripped off..

..in the mean time.. I've got email notifications for the 2019 model on Amazon :)

May be Amazon Returns..

..I wonder if the production was slowed down due to parts being made in China, with all this outbreak going on?

I wondered the same thing a few posts back but got some smart Alec reply. Can't just be a coincidence. It's a brand new product with high demand. My order has now been delayed until the 28th May :(.

What notifications did you get from Amazon? Are they due stock? Might cancel my order with Scan if they are. :clap:

My order has now been delayed until the 28th May :(.

What notifications did you get from Amazon? Are they due stock? Might cancel my order with Scan if the

I just checked Amazon, no email notifications from them like I should have got, but they had just one in stock (sold and dispatched by Amazon), so I've just ordered it!

I noticed Scan is May now.. I did consider them. Keep your pre order, and just keep an eye on Amazon and other places that sell it.. it looks as though as soon as they are in stock, they are being picked up straight away! I just got lucky just now I guess..

I spoke with nVidia last night, they are producing them at the same rate as they did the 2017 model, it's very high demand and they are trying to get as many batches out as they can, when they can it seems.

The nVidia site seems to have plenty of the upgraded remotes in stock (I bought two, one to replace my failed 2017 remote and one spare), and the 'tube' shield is everywhere, just not the 'Pro' version. They should really up production if they can since it's so high demand.

Well, I've not had a dispatch email from Amazon, just the order email. It states that it's dispatched and sold by Amazon EU sarl, as usual..

..I have had an email from FedEx though, a parcel was picked up in the Netherlands with an estimated delivery date of Monday.. I've not ordered anything and have Amazon Prime, so I'm guessing they have sourced it from Amazon in the Netherlands..

..Might be worth checking there for those that are after one :)
(2019 Pro Model)

EDIT: Scratch that.. the FedEx thing wasn't the Shield.. it was either the replacement remote for my 2017 model as it stopped working or the upgraded remotes that I ordered :(

Last edited:
My Amazon order, although was 'in stock' when I added to my basket and had a delivery date of monday changed to 'We do not have an expected delivery date'.
I was refunded £7.99 of my Prime membership and advised that if I wanted one by the weekend, that I could buy one from 'Amazon Warehouse'.

The only one under £199.99 at £185 is 'used' and in 'acceptable condition' which states:
Used – Acceptable The item is fairly worn but continues to function properly. Significant signs of cosmetic damage can include scratches, dents, and worn corners. Item may arrive with damaged packaging or be repackaged. Item may be missing multiple parts, accessories, instruction manuals, or assembly tools.

To me, that isn't really 'acceptable' as it could be missing the power cable or remote which would make it useless.

Talking to Amazon, they said that it still comes with a year warranty and the usual 30 days returns, but I'm not sure I want to pay £185 for a used one that may or may not work and possibly have a missing remote or power cable.
Though the guy said that they are all re furbished and tested.. by Amazon.. If that were the case then it would come under 'Renewed' condition.. so he basically lied.

Renewed An item that has been inspected and tested by Amazon or an Amazon-qualified performance-managed supplier, to work and look like new. The item has minimal to no signs of wear, or visible cosmetic damages when held from 12 inches away. Product may come repackaged. All accessories will be present, though some may be generic brands. The product comes with the Amazon Renewed Guarantee giving you a replacement or refund within 90 days of purchase if the product does not work as expected.

Looks like another long wait till a new one comes back in stock..

My Amazon order, although was 'in stock' when I added to my basket and had a delivery date of monday changed to 'We do not have an expected delivery date'.
I was refunded £7.99 of my Prime membership and advised that if I wanted one by the weekend, that I could buy one from 'Amazon Warehouse'.

The only one under £199.99 at £185 is 'used' and in 'acceptable condition' which states:

To me, that isn't really 'acceptable' as it could be missing the power cable or remote which would make it useless.

Talking to Amazon, they said that it still comes with a year warranty and the usual 30 days returns, but I'm not sure I want to pay £185 for a used one that may or may not work and possibly have a missing remote or power cable.
Though the guy said that they are all re furbished and tested.. by Amazon.. If that were the case then it would come under 'Renewed' condition.. so he basically lied.

Looks like another long wait till a new one comes back in stock..

That's in no way acceptable. See to be honest. I'd rather wait a couple of months for a new one. It's only £15 more. If I was getting a used one I'd expect it to be cheaper than £185 especially in that condition. I want that new smell :D

That's in no way acceptable. See to be honest. I'd rather wait a couple of months for a new one. It's only £15 more. If I was getting a used one I'd expect it to be cheaper than £185 especially in that condition. I want that new smell :D

Agreed. I've not gone for another.. I'm waiting for a nice shiny new one :)
There is one listed as 'New' by a market place seller.. but he's a new seller and has 1 person rate him. I prefer to wait to buy from Amazon themselves, much better after sales in my experience, even out of warranty.
May get one direct from nVidia, they did replace my 2017 model remote out of warranty, I doubt they'd be as good as Amazon is though if the unit went out of warranty period.

I got the upgraded remotes through though, one to replace the broken one and one spare. They are not as flimsy as the older one that stopped working and are backlit too so you can see it in the dark, which is handy <3
20200320_143503 (Large).jpg

They have a nice feel to them, take two AAA batteries and are a lot more robust than the thin one that comes with the 2017 model and connected straight away :)

Hey you panic buying remotes? :D

Hey you panic buying remotes? :D

Haha, no :p

I just bought a replacement and one spare. I'll get one with a new Shield when they have it back in stock, so I'll have 3! ;)

Just one with the old shield, one with the new one and one spare if any of the other two stop working for some reason :)

The wait for the new shield could be some time I think.. just gotta keep an eye out.

All lit up

20200321_014052.jpg

Love it, much better than the 2017 remote.. using it on my 2017 model.

LOL
Driving myself nuts looking for atmos. Not here on mine just 5.1 that's star wars and marvel
Is anyone able to get the 2019 shield pro to output Atmos in the Disney+ app?
Playing back Rogue One.

I’ve got Atmos on mine, but only on the US version. I switched my VPN to USA, logged back in and it works. Looks like the USA is not being throttled.

Help please:
We got a Shield a few weeks ago and one night BBC iPlayer appeared on it (which was fab as I had been trying everything to get it except side loading as I'm not that techny).
Got a second Shield today. Installed and updated and no iPlayer. Nvidia help can't help. Any ideas?

Help please:
We got a Shield a few weeks ago and one night BBC iPlayer appeared on it (which was fab as I had been trying everything to get it except side loading as I'm not that techny).
Got a second Shield today. Installed and updated and no iPlayer. Nvidia help can't help. Any ideas?

Have you tried disabling the location in the shields settings as I believe that's a quick fix.

Have you tried disabling the location in the shields settings as I believe that's a quick fix.
Thanks - I never enabled it. Maybe I'll try turning it on and off again!

Edit: it did work!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom