NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Owners Thread

Just got a HDR 4k tv and Netflix HDR will play via the built in Netflix app but not from my shield, any ideas?

Help making files visible over network

I'm trying to configure the Shield so that my PCs can see and write to the hdd attached to the Shield. I believe this is possible through the "Settings: Shield Storage Access: Over Local Network" option. I have set this and it gives me an IP address and username/password. However if I put that ip address into my web browser or network path from the PC it comes up as unknown. I can ping it fine. If I hit the network troubleshooter, it says the device 'won't accept the connection'. I never get asked for a username or password. Is there another setting to set? Seems like a firewall issue or something?

Anybody managed to change the home screen background to one of their choice?

I control my Nvidia Shield with my Harmony Ultimate remote control (over bluetooth). I accidentally removed the harmony hub as a device on the shield last night. So I can no longer control my Nvidia Shield with my harmony remote. So I set my harmony hub into bluetooth pairing mode and try to add the "Harmony keyboard" back in as a device on the shield TV it sees the harmony keyboard and tries to pair but comes up with "could not pair". I have tried a factory reset on my nvidia shield and its still the same. I have also tried deleting the shield TV as a device on my harmony remote and re-added it. But each time I get to the point where I try to add the harmony in as device and bluetooth pairing fails.

Any ideas?

Hey all. I could do with some help with my Shield setup. I have 2 issues:

1) Audio from apps like YouTube and Netflix is bass heavy, regardless of the audio setting I use. When I watch movies via Kodi (locally stored bluray rips) with HD audio they sound perfect. Has anyone else had this issue?

2) The Shield is connected via a Marantz NR1606 to an LG B6 OLED TV. I set Kodi to adjust refresh rates based on content and when watching 1080p24 content I notice a few lines of distrotion appear at the top of the screen. This usually progresses over the course of 30 - 60 minutes to the screen blanking out. I can remedy this by forcing Kodi into 60hz but that isn't a long term solution.

Can anyone shed any light on either of these issues please?

Last edited:
Thinking about selling my 2015 shield tv pro, whats the going rate for these?

Help making files visible over network

I'm trying to configure the Shield so that my PCs can see and write to the hdd attached to the Shield. I believe this is possible through the "Settings: Shield Storage Access: Over Local Network" option. I have set this and it gives me an IP address and username/password. However if I put that ip address into my web browser or network path from the PC it comes up as unknown. I can ping it fine. If I hit the network troubleshooter, it says the device 'won't accept the connection'. I never get asked for a username or password. Is there another setting to set? Seems like a firewall issue or something?

Update - just been on a chat session with nvidia - they could not figure it out - they are going away to think about it. I wonder if mine is faulty?

Has anyone done this?
Could anyone possibly give it a go?

Thanks.

I had this. It’s to do with plex. Can’t remember but uninstall all plex stuff and install the latest plex media server from a pc.

I had this. It’s to do with plex. Can’t remember but uninstall all plex stuff and install the latest plex media server from a pc.

Will give it a try.

Took me ages to get it solved. Was to do with how the smb connection is based around plex

Took me ages to get it solved. Was to do with how the smb connection is based around plex

Did you follow a guide online to solve it or was it trial and error?

Update - just been on a chat session with nvidia - they could not figure it out - they are going away to think about it. I wonder if mine is faulty?

Has anyone done this?
Could anyone possibly give it a go?

Thanks.
I set mine up ages ago before I installed Plex , can't remember having any issues , enabled it on shield got the password then went to network on PC shield showed up and entered username and password

Can you see shield in network on PC

I set mine up ages ago before I installed Plex , can't remember having any issues , enabled it on shield got the password then went to network on PC shield showed up and entered username and password

Can you see shield in network on PC

I can see it in the network view on the pc, and can ping it, but that's it.

What happens when you double click it in network

This

upload_2017-9-23_17-22-18.png

You should be seeing an image of a computer called shield then you double click and enter password etc

Do you have esfile explorer installed on shield , if so uninstall and restart shield

Yes I've never had a password prompt.

I didn't have esfile explorer installed until today - nvidia support suggested it would fix my problem - it didn't.

Yes I've never had a password prompt.

I didn't have esfile explorer installed until today - nvidia support suggested it would fix my problem - it didn't.

It should look like this on your PC.
Screenshot (96).png

If not on the shield go into Storage & reset, then Network storage, you should then see the name of your PC, click on it, then just refresh window on PC. The shield icon should then appear.

It should look like this on your PC.
View attachment 914750

If not on the shield go into Storage & reset, then Network storage, you should then see the name of your PC, click on it, then just refresh window on PC. The shield icon should then appear.

Ok did that - connected to the PC from the Shield ok. Still don't get an icon in the This PC -> Network screen. Also still can't browse to it with \\[ip address]

Ok did that - connected to the PC from the Shield ok. Still don't get an icon in the This PC -> Network screen. Also still can't browse to it with \\[ip address]
Are you using a VPN on either shield or pc , if so try disconnecting , also any additional firewall on pc .

Sometimes mine won't connect until I go back into the shield setting to the screen that says turn off and back out again , but when that happens I can still see the icon in network so can't understand why you can't .

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Are you using a VPN on either shield or pc , if so try disconnecting , also any additional firewall on pc .

Sometimes mine won't connect until I go back into the shield setting to the screen that says turn off and back out again , but when that happens I can still see the icon in network so can't understand why you can't .

No, no VPN in use. Mystery.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom