1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVidia PowerDVD problems

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by RecoilUK, Dec 8, 2002.

1. RecoilUK

RecoilUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

Just downloaded the PowerDVD Trial demo, but it wont work.

My graphics card is a Leadtek Geforce 4 Ti4200 VIVO running 40.71 drivers, but it just hangs my PC whenever I try to play a DVD.

One thing I have noticed is that when you look in the configure/information tab, all the attributes have not available next to the them, but I have no idea how to solve this.

Its not my DVD player as I tested it on my other box with an ATI card and DVD player which worked great and windows explorer allows me to navigate through the disk.

So i,m guessing its probably a driver, anyone know which one works?

Oh btw i,m running win98.

Thx guys

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The latest drivers for Win2K/XP are 40.72 and they are Microsoft certified. I'm not sure what the latest certified ones are for Win98, but make sure you are running the latest certified drivers. If you are currently running a beta, then that might be what is causing the problems.

Also, if the Display Adapter Information does not show the Bus as AGP (which it doesn't sound it like it does in your case as it says no info is availabe), then you probably need to download updated drivers for your motherboard BIOS/chipset and install them. This is a common problem with some motherboards that has been reported on newsgroups etc.

Make sure you're running all the latest Windows updates as well.