1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nVidia nforce2 & Firewire

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by mossmanfly, Jan 14, 2004.

1. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I was searching the internet for infor on the Sony TRV14/19/22/33 etc and found an interesting problem people were having.

They could use the DV-Out to get footage onto the camera but the DV-In would leave them with grey screen on the footage and errors. I found a document related to this about the nforce 2 motherboards and there onboard firewire(see PDF attachment enclosed in the Zip).

Just wondering if any one with a nforce 2 motherboard especially a NF7-S 2.0 if they had any problems transfering footage to a from a Sony TRV19 etc, using the onboard firewire.

Thanks

Adrian

2. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've transferred data from my Canon MV5imc to my Nforce2 board with no problems. (I know its not Sony but thought I'd mention it so you know nforce2 board do work) :)

3. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks. Will probably be going for the Sony TRV14, so only need DV-Out to work fine.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,404
    I assume the probs you mention are with the MoBo's onboard firewire. I don't know if this is the same, but some people who use the firewire port on their Audigy sound cards have problems as the port does not work strictly in accordence with the ieee1394 regulations. Yet others have no problems with it.
    If you do have any problems with your MoBo then just stick a PCI firewire card in it and it should be fine.

Mark.