nVidia ION HDMI Audio out - no DTS, only DD

maddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts.
I've an eMachines ER1401 running W7 64-bit which I can't get to output DTS to my LG telly via HDMI (HDMI->HDMI), so any BR discs with DTS play back with no sound.

I've installed the nVidia HDMI HD Audio drivers but no matter what I've tried I can't get it to show DTS in the "Supported Formats" in its "Sounds" properties, see image below:

Realtek HD drivers have been installed too.

I had this problem before with a 9300 card (using the same TV) but managed to solve through some combination of installing drivers, removing card, installing Realtek drivers, putting card back in. I can't do that this time as there is no card to remove. Disabling the audio in the BIOS disabled all audio, not just the HDMI out. I've tried disabling the HDMI audio out, installing Realtek drivers then enabling the HDMI out but still no joy.

What am I missing?

Last edited:
maddy said:
This is driving me nuts.
I've an eMachines ER1401 running W7 64-bit which I can't get to output DTS to my LG telly via HDMI (HDMI->HDMI), so any BR discs with DTS play back with no sound.

I've installed the nVidia HDMI HD Audio drivers but no matter what I've tried I can't get it to show DTS in the "Supported Formats" in its "Sounds" properties, see image below:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/nvidias.png/

Realtek HD drivers have been installed too.

I had this problem before with a 9300 card (using the same TV) but managed to solve through some combination of installing drivers, removing card, installing Realtek drivers, putting card back in. I can't do that this time as there is no card to remove. Disabling the audio in the BIOS disabled all audio, not just the HDMI out. I've tried disabling the HDMI audio out, installing Realtek drivers then enabling the HDMI out but still no joy.

What am I missing?
It's highly unlikely that your tv supports decoding of dts hence why only dolby digital appears in supported formats. Your choices are likely to be:

1. Select Dolby Digital track if there is one.

2. Use a software player that can transcode to Dolby Digital.

3. Decode audio to PCM in the pc for sending to the tv.

What software do you use to playback the blu-rays?

Ta for the ideas. Agree that the TV won't support DTS. I'm using TMT3 for BR playback.

I can't see anything* in my current setup that is different to when I used my old PC with a 9300. I used TMT3 on that too.

How can I decode to PCM?

*though clearly something is amiss!

Yeah, the Mixing Mode stuff towards the bottom of that linked page should cover it.

Thanks chaps, the "Mix to PCM" option is working on the two DTS discs I've tried so far.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom