1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nvidia hdtv overscan compensation

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by tim k, Jun 23, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when i connect to monitors (1 phillips lcd and 1 sp50) i cannot get the settings to save so when i log in i can pan to areas off screen, i have clicked remember my settings. anyone else using this feature for the new geforce6 cards?

2. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Do you want to reduce/eliminate overscan (-ie. when the desktop is larger than the physical screen, causing a 5-10% loss of picture around the edges), or enable the virtual desktop in Windows (ie. whereby the desktop is deliberately configured to be larger than than the screen size, and so when you move the mouse off the screen, the desktop scrolls to reveal more desktop - a sliding window effect)?

To eliminate overscan, you can usually create a custom resolution and adjust the width/height and porch values, using the Powerstrip software. Often this will result in a near perfect fit - albeit at the loss of some pixels (but they were hidden anyway).

Alternatively, are you trying to move the mouse from one display to the other - such that the desktop extends across both monitors? That is usually configured in the display properties control panel (at least it is for my dual monitor radeon card).