Nvidia GTX1080ti/2080 prices?

I’m just enjoying the extra SS the 1080ti affords, 3.0 in onwards almost looks like a new HMD.

...and is this a prelude to the Pimax 5k+?
Lol no not likely never say never but I want to see what oculus bring to the table even if it means waiting. Stock is due on the 1080ti on the 5th so I guess possibly Monday the 8th which is good for me. My man cave is out of action as I have the wall strengthened to mount my TV to make more vr space so I am not worried about a little wait. (Also got damn work presentation I need to prep for who h is on Monday so lack of distraction is no bad thing)

Still think you're going to be in for a treat with the 1080Ti! The 2080Ti is certainly faster, but definitely a worse bang-for-buck ratio.

I still wants one though! :D Won't be the first or last foolish PC component purchase I make...
Indeed and don't get me wrong cancelling was far from easy call. Had I of pre-ordered day one the MSI duke which was 1050 chances are I would still be hanging on in. But 1080 for the windforce which I learned is being artificially held back to encourage the gaming edition card was the straw that broke the camel's back

My man cave is out of action as I have the wall strengthened to mount my TV to make more vr space so I am not worried about a little wait.

We need pics. :smashin:

Nothing exciting to see right now. Maybe when. It's done in a few weeks. It's a bit annoying. Mancave only built in 2013. A bit more forward planning and I would not have needed to rip out and strengthen a perfectly good wall :(

Lol no not likely never say never but I want to see what oculus bring to the table even if it means waiting. Stock is due on the 1080ti on the 5th so I guess possibly Monday the 8th which is good for me. My man cave is out of action as I have the wall strengthened to mount my TV to make more vr space so I am not worried about a little wait. (Also got damn work presentation I need to prep for who h is on Monday so lack of distraction is no bad thing)

Yup, I'm the same with regards to the CV2...if it's planned for 2020 then I'll wait but there's no way in hell that I'm using a 1K VR headset for 4 years if they're planning on releasing it in 2022 like some are speculating :eek:

I cancelled my gigabyte windforce 2080ti so I will no longer be joining the RTX club.
It's a bit of a protest vote for them gimping the bios on the windforce 2080ti to more separate from the gaming OC.
Not that gigabyte willcare and even worse my protest is even more lame because guess what card I got instead.... The cheap(relatively) 1080ti on overclockers which is..... Gigabyte!

Good call, there seems to be little performance benefit with the new 2 series cards, I was waiting but decided to go for a 1070ti (bang for buck) as I game mostly at 1080p anyway it should last me a few more years allowing me to skip a gen at least hopefully.

just collected my 1080ti... may not have time to install today as am meant to be painting the man cave!.
I am fairly comfortable with my decision to cancel the 2080ti .... but there is a good chance i may regret not paying the extra £120 for the vanilla 2080.

i suppose it depends what happens with DLSS and RTX.... i did read someone today posting that the 20xx cards do really well against the 1080ti in VR apps. i kind of hope this is not true as if it is then i definitely should have got the 2080...

still.... £580 and will give me a good step up from my msi 980 gaming g4. if i can get £150/£160 for the trusty 980 then so much the better.

ohh and i got the essential overclockers bonus of a packet of haribo sweets of course ;)

We need photos. Don’t be shy. What colour you doing it?

AMD might have something nice to show at CES in January. We could all be upgrading next summer.

I was trying the Project cars 2 Demo last night for the first time on my Vive and G29 wheel but it runs at 40Fps. Has there been a big performance boost to the main game because the demo has put me off buying it.

There is something wrong there I think. My gtx 980 nails pCARs2 albeit on medium detail
I would expect far more from a 1080ti.

Unless it is a steamvr issue?

I can stick a few pics up once I am done

I think I'd buy it but its £44.

Don't you have pics of how it was before the make over?

Project Cars had changed massively since the demo. It can normally be had for around £15.

Guess I'll have to wait for another Steam Sale.

I think I'd buy it but its £44.

Don't you have pics of how it was before the make over?

no not really... well i have the "build" but that stops a long way from when finished. (the was before i even had my DK2!)

Big Daddy

building the games room and conservatory
Story_7853 by Mike Kay

but this is way OT sorry.

slightly more on point .... my £580 gtx1080ti is installed... i cant test fully but at 1080p in lounge DOOM was showing a stable 200fps on full detail!. not sure if this is an engine limit or the fps counter cant go above that.

I was trying the Project cars 2 Demo last night for the first time on my Vive and G29 wheel but it runs at 40Fps. Has there been a big performance boost to the main game because the demo has put me off buying it.
You have to reduce a lot of the eye candy (most of it you can't resolve with the Vive in any case) and (for me at least) the number of cars on the track - I run with 10 opponents rather than the entire grid.

Even so, it reprojects often on my 1080, but strangely it's not nearly as distracting as it was in PC1. I still need to install the 2080Ti and see how it handles on that with the Vive. Might do that tonight if I get the time.

slightly more on point .... my £580 gtx1080ti is installed... i cant test fully but at 1080p in lounge DOOM was showing a stable 200fps on full detail!. not sure if this is an engine limit or the fps counter cant go above that.
All the benchmarks I've seen have never breached 200fps, so I think Doom is hard capped at that.

no not really... well i have the "build" but that stops a long way from when finished. (the was before i even had my DK2!)

Big Daddy

building the games room and conservatory
Story_7853 by Mike Kay

but this is way OT sorry.

Nice Mike. For a minute I though your shed was going to be a dedicated VR play space. Bet you can’t wait to get it all finished.

Nice Mike. For a minute I though your shed was going to be a dedicated VR play space. Bet you can’t wait to get it all finished.

yeah it was all finished in 2013 however i have decided to wall mount the tv, which is why i have had to rip the back wall out again.... a bit more forward thinking my end back in the 1st build and i never would have had to do this now.

Got the FE 2080Ti finally installed tonight. My case looks so empty without the two 1080s snugly nestled in there. :(

The 2080Ti is actually a tad slower than my 1080 SLI setup on the Heaven benchmark at stock speeds (or roughly the same if I overclock it), which is where I expected it to be.

But then I fired up Project Cars 2 on the Vive....omg! :thumbsup: I'm actually able to bump up most of the performance settings a good notch or two into the "high" category other than MSAA (that still seriously nails the FPS) and for the most part the card doesn't even flinch (some spots on some tracks seem to reproject no matter what though). It's quite the different experience in terms of fluidity compared to running it on the 1080.

I reckon I'd probably have to drop things down back to previous GTX 1080 levels when the Pimax arrives, but it's looking good...really good!

What score did you manage on Heaven with your 2080ti? I get just under 4000 with my 1080ti but with an OC.

What score did you manage on Heaven with your 2080ti? I get just under 4000 with my 1080ti but with an OC.
Assuming you're talking about running it at 1920x1080 extreme?

Stock: 4469 (avg 177, min 40, max 374)
OC: 4896 (avg 194, min 40, max 392)

I guess that stacks up with other benchmarks I've seen. A 2080Ti is roughly 10-25% faster than a 1080Ti. Hardly worth the effort and expense if you're coming from the 1080Ti I'd say.

At 3440x1440 the figures are more comparative between my old 1080s and the 2080Ti:

1080: 1248 (avg 49, min 23, max 111)
1080 x 2 (SLI): 2394 (avg 95, min 34, max 213)

2080Ti: 2242 (avg 89, min 35, max 172)
2080Ti (OC): 2387 (avg 94, min 36, max 185)

An overclocked 2080Ti is roughly equivalent to a couple of 1080's in SLI, at least on synthetic benchmarks.

Sigh...

Having trouble with my expensive new shiny. Games (VR and 2D) seem to be randomly crashing after a few minutes for no apparent reason :(

Not sure yet if it's a Windows, driver, or hardware issue, although I've noticed on a few boards and reddits there might be a lot of defective 2080Ti's about (although that's more likely confirmation bias at play).

Been slowly trying to isolate it by process of elimination.

I get random crashes on my 1080ti but I had ramped up SS to 5.0 at the time. Not sure if that bares any relationship. Could be driver related.

5.0? is that a typo?

what were you getting at the time, 3 fps? ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom