1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nVidia Graphics with dualview

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by DaveP, Sep 8, 2005.

1. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just changed from an ATI 9800Pro to an nVidia 6800. I'm connecting one output to an analogue 17" TFT (primary, 1280x1024) and the other to my Sony HS20 pj (secondary, 1280x720).

When I had the 9800Pro connected I used to drag the dvd player, for example, from the primary screen to the pj screen and maximise it and everything played fine. This left the Control Panel for the player on the TFT.

The nVidia acts differently. The player shows in both screens. This obscurs the player control and I can't get the cursor back to the 17" monitor.

Does anyone have any tips regarding using a pj with an nvidia card at the same time as a monitor running a different resolution?

I've tried Google but there are far too many meaningless hits to be of help.

Thanks

Dave

2. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi there, I have just swapped from a 9800 to a 6800 GT as well.

I use dual view I think. Then I set Theatertek 2 to run on the second monitor (within the options of TheaterTek).

CaM

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate, I don't have a copy of theatretek but it looks like I may need one!

Dave

4. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    yes, I think you should get a copy. There are so many options that it takes a while to configure but the output to the second monitor alone is probably woth the asking price and hassel of setup :)

CaM