Nvidia Graphics Cards

Razor

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
GK110 and GK104

Nvidia is about to launch desktop Geforce GTX 700 series cards and this time the launch starts from the top down. The GTX 780 is set to replace the GTX 680 and the new card is based on the GK110 chip that we all know from Titan cards.
The chip is actually slower than Titan and is internally called Titan LE, which means that GTX 780 should end up slower than Titan cards. Our sources claim that the card should end up about 30 present faster than the GTX 680 and the launch date is expected by the end of May. This means the card comes very close to Computex, the biggest computer trade show in Asia that kicks off on June 4th.

The runner up is continuing the naming tradition and is simply named Geforce GTX 770. It is based on a new GK104 – 425 improved 28nm core. The current GTX 680 has the GK104-400-A2 core, and the 425 implies some slight optimisation and changes.

The GTX 770 stays loyal to the Kepler architecture and just like with the GTX 680, we can expect one cluster less compared to GTX 670. Performance wise the card should be between 20 and 25 percept faster than the GTX 670. The launch is expected in mid May.

The real next generation has now been shifted to Geforce GTX 800 series, in case Nvidia continues the same naming tradition and it is going to be based on Maxwell. This new GPU promises a huge leap forward with capability of more than twice the Giga Flops per watt than Kepler. Maxwell has been pushed to 2014, but we don't know the exact date.

Geforce GTX 780, 770 coming in May

Visiting Asia has its treats. From a foot massage in Hong Kong to a 55" 4K panel in Shenzhen for $1600, it's easy to find what are you interested in. It is also easy to listen to the beat of the street. One such find are three new Nvidia boards coming in the next couple of weeks, boards that will push to fill all the gaps in the product stack.

First and foremost, few weeks back, several websites leaked the news about a part called GeForce GTX Titan LE, a board based on cut down GK110 GPU silicon. The leak was right, since this will actually be a consumer version of Tesla K20C, the 2496-core part with 5GB of GDDR5 memory. The name will not be the GTX Titan LE, though. Meet the GeForce GTX 780 5GB. Just as the GTX Titan was a consumer version of the K20X (2688-core part, 6GB GDDR5 memory), K20A/C is getting a consumer version as well. The performance is about 30% faster than a single GTX 680. You can expect this board to launch (hard launch, availability from Day 0) in the final days of May, as the Computex train starts to heat up. Pricing unknown, but you should prices anywhere between $499 and $599.

Second board will be the GeForce GTX 770. This is actually based off a GK104-425 die e.g. nothing more than a higher clocked GTX 680. Estimated performance is 20-25% better than GTX 670, on pair with the regular GTX 680. This is still a 256-bit interface part, with 4GB GDDR5 memory to be more prominently featured than a 2GB one. Nvidia's product stack calls for 6GB Titan, 5GB GTX 780, 4GB GTX 770 and 2GB GTX 760 Ti. Launch is allegedly scheduled for mid-May, as a precursor to the GTX 780.

Which brings us to the third product, the GeForce GTX 760 Titanium. GTX 760 Ti, sorry. This part is based on the same die as GTX 670; GK104-225. The board comes with 2GB GDDR5 memory and will do everything to put pressure on AMD's HD 7800 and 8800 line of OEM cards. Performance is targeting 20-23% increase from the standard GTX 660 Ti, and this is the part that will launch at the 2013 Computex Taipei trade show.

Naturally, there's a possibility that Nvidia will launch all three parts together and claim the best product stack for gamers out there.

Until Maxwell (GMxxx) arrives in 2014, do not expect new silicon from Nvidia. Come to think, AMD is also holding back its Volcanic Islands (VI) for the tail end of 2013 or in 2014. Next-gen processes cannot come soon enough for these companies... and yes, FinFET transistor on a 10-figure transistor count is a big challenge.

The 2013 Nvidia Lineup: GTX780 is Titan LE, GTX770 is GTX680, GTX760Ti is GTX670? - Bright Side Of News*

Now this news has put a big smile on my face. :)

Last edited:
Noooooo well yeah, but noooooooo

My 680gtx is outdates as hell and ill need to upgrade :| :|

Hopefully 4gb 680's will go down in price so can get another one. What a mess this gpu market is lol

Razor said:
I totally agree with you mate.

Prices that they are charging are crazy. I wish I knew somebody that lives in Latvia, all GPUs are basically half the price of what they go for here in UK.

I called it right in the other post then :)
Guessing the binned chips will go in these and the gold ones go into the titan super dupper edition?

and just like that my 670 is now rubbish and needs upgrading. :rotfl:

Wonder what extortionate prices these will come out at........

Prices that they are charging are crazy. I wish I knew somebody that lives in Latvia, all GPUs are basically half the price of what they go for here in UK.

I didnt know that. How's about importing them over. :devil:

Fly there ;-)

Hope they use the same cooler as the titan as well, its easily the best stock cooler and extremely quiet.
Nice to see a good amount of memory as well.
GTX 790 will be interesting

Last edited:
Gonna have to email company that sells them but don't think they export them :( would be a good idea to fly there though and buy few grands worth and sell them here lol

When I move to Hungary ill be able to get a £3000 computer for 10p.

Gonna have to email company that sells them but don't think they export them :( would be a good idea to fly there though and buy few grands worth and sell them here lol

I'll set up a classified thread.

For sale i have 40 Titan LE's

£300 each :)

chalkywhyte said:
I'll set up a classified thread.

For sale i have 40 Titan LE's

£300 each :)

Lol ! I wish mate !

I'm going to have to upgrade my Titan... :( :laugh: I'm pretty happy with The Titan, it will last me for many years to come (I hope!).

As for the Titan Ultra, if I didn't adopt The Titan, then I'd never-ever buy a GPU, because I'd always be waiting for greener grass!

I'm going to have to upgrade my Titan... :( :laugh: I'm pretty happy with The Titan, it will last me for many years to come (I hope!).

As for the Titan Ultra, if I didn't adopt The Titan, then I'd never-ever buy a GPU, because I'd always be waiting for greener grass!

Your ok, the 780 is the titan le version :)

You're ok, the 780 is the titan le version :)

I'm still happy with the blistering performance I'm getting from my Titan, I don't think I'll be swapping it out any time soon! :D

Considering the Titan Ultra will have 7% more cores (2688 vs 2880) than mine, I don't think it's worth the upgrade.

I'm still happy with the blistering performance I'm getting from my Titan, I don't think I'll be swapping it out any time soon! :D

Considering the Titan Ultra will have 7% more cores (2688 vs 2880) than mine, I don't think it's worth the upgrade.

Keep telling yourself that. :smashin:

Come release we'll see what tune you're whistling then :devil:

Keep telling yourself that. :smashin:

Come release we'll see what tune you're whistling then :devil:

Who am I kidding, I've already got a pre-order in! :devil:

780 releases in may , then 1st week in june nvdia announces 800 titan series . lol

I hope the prices are not too high.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom