1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia geforce Drivers

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by chedmaster, Jul 7, 2005.

1. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I have a Geforce 4 Ti4200 and have just done a fresh install of windows xp media center 2005. Windows installed its own driver, and now in Display it is listed as a Geforce 4 Ti4200 (Microsoft Corporation) [i dont know if this is relevant so please read on!]

I downloaded the latest nvidia driver (well actually they say 75 is out but from the download i got 72.14). When install it I get an error message before it installs -

"the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware setup. Setup will now exit"

I have tried uninstalling the microsoft driver and restarting, but the system just defaults back to microsoft's (frankly rubbish) driver. I am sure i clicked on the MCE version of the driver, and i tried the US one and the International one.

It used to work before fresh install on MCE 2005 and Home edition.

Thanks for reading, any ideas?

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    Have you had MCE running succesfully with that graphics card before?, as it is not officialy supported - that may be your problem. 72.14 is the current version for Nvidia cards and MCE.

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    thanks for the reply, yeah i it worked before fine, for now I have downloaded the xp/2000 driver and its working, but i havent had time to try media center itself yet (before i was getting horrible banding and solarization). I read your posts about divx v raw dvd lisa, and its the way im going as well :)

4. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Just tried it and not good :( .

Result attatched, would this be due to the nvidia dvd decoder or the card/drivers? the wierd moving banding is still there on the media center background as well.

also, according to the nvidia driver release notes, the ti4200 is supported.

Attached Files: