• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

NVidia finaly announce (in March) HDCP compliant cards

Monty Burns

Thought you guys might be interested in this article. Its rather confusing but does seem to say that Nvidia 3rd party card makers will supply the encryption chip from March.

It appears that Nvidia partners will FINALY announce/launch fully compliant HDCP cards in March. Wonder if ATI will follow suit as well?

guido

I think graphics cards manufacturers have been very slow off the mark in this respect and in ditching DVI and its upmteen flavours for one HDMI. £100 DVD players come with HDMI now.. so no excuse for the top end graphics cards to start going HDMI too. Card I just bought came with DVI>15pin converter, so why not switch to HDMI now and bundle in an HDMI>DVI plug?

ccparkhill

What I would like to know is, considering HDMI also carries audio, will new graphics cards with HDMI pass through digital audio as well? Ideally all I would need to upgrade my current HTPC for hi-def would be Windows Vista, an HDMI graphics card (which can pass audio) and a blu-ray/HD-DVD drive.

Not much to ask is it?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom