Nvidia 7800GT-pricing and availability?

drunkenmaster

Prominent Member
Reaction score
About 9 months ago I opted for the 7800Gt 256mb version, as it seemd to be the best for Value and performance at the time.

Now with the unavoidable emergence of new gen and faster graphics cards, I thought I would use the SLi and buy a second card as prices must have gone down and there should be a ton a plenty.

Well I am suprised that this is not the case, the availability is limited and the prices are not as cheap as I would have thought, in some cases very similar to when I purchased my card back in 2005.

Any one have any ideas why this is the case? Truly baffled:confused:

i used to have one but sold it when i upgraded - generally people are either waiting till DX10 arrives and thus holding onto their 7800GT or they can't be bothered to sell what was a £250-£300 gfx card over a year ago, for buttons now. (£100 or so)

Best place is check ebay for them. They are not in production any longer and thus 2nd hand is your only option now.

Good luck!

booyaka said:
i used to have one but sold it when i upgraded - generally people are either waiting till DX10 arrives
Good luck!

Does this mean that my 7800GT will not be DX10 compatible?

basically yes - there are no current gfx cards on the market that will be fully DX10 compatable.

(even my x1900xt isn't!):rolleyes:

7800gt's have stopped production for some time now, so if you find one in a shop, they will be expensive as theyre rare new now. or you will have to go 2nd hand for one. but £100 for one is a bargain as theyre still great cards :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom