Nvidea Shield......Google play store

alphonso49uk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Im trying to find an app which will enable me to screen mirror my huwaei phone to my nvidea box.
The only apps on the nvidea google play app are ones enabling you to cast from apple to android.
On my phone, and for that matter my samsung tab there are loads of apps which mirror android to android.
Why are apps on nvidea different from ones on the normal play store, and is there some sort of fix.
Ive tried to download the normal play store to the nvidea box bug to no avail.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The shield runs Android TV, which is a different version of the operating system to the Android you might have on your phone or tablet.

Notably the Android TV Play Store will generally only list those apps that can be controlled through a TV remote, because a TV box doesn't have a touchscreen.

What mirroring technologies does your Huawei phone support? Miracast?

Hi...Thanks for your reply.I can actually mirror my phone directly to my smart tv.However there is a tiny bit of lag which is annoying if Im watching sports so I just thought it would be easy to download an alternative app to see if that would be any better. I have actually got a remote for the nvidea box which enables the mouse function so it wouldnt be a problem running a new mirroring app.......anyway...looks like its not to be.
I think that there are ways of putting the full playstore onto nvidea but so far I havnt had any luck trying to do it.
Thanks anyway

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom