nv-gs15 or jvc gr-d73 or hc40?

A

alogo

please help me i am in desperate need of help! i cannot decide which camcorder is best. I am looking at the panasonic nv-gs15 or the jvc gr-d72 or the sony dcr-hc40. I want the camcorder to be able to film in low light with acceptable results (i don't need the nightshot feature) thanks! :lease:

I wanted the same, and bought the JVC GR-D33 AG (PAL) from B&H in the US. Cheap, with DV-in and great test results according to camcorderinfo.com. Especially low light. Cons: a bit bulky, and you cannot use viewfinder and lcd at the same time (for example when showing your kids what you are filming by rotating the LCD, you cannot see anything in the viewfinder. Sony doesn't have this prob.

Another tip on purchase from US. My JVC broke down after only 8 days, and BH offered to pay for the return shipment, and ship a new cam to me free of charge (to Sweden).

Good Luck!

/Arie

I tried the Panasonic for a while and for low light would probably have done better with the Sony as it has an infra-red (black-and-white) nightshot feature but costs a fair bit more. The Panny has gain which boosts low-light signals and is really useful so long as you don't have a large widescreen TV as the picture becomes very grainy. The Sony also has true widescreen whereas the Panny just letterboxes.

The Panny's 24x zoom and its wide range of features is its plus points - the zoom is fabulous comapred to the SOny's misely 10x. Low light is more a problem if you have a large TV and don't want a grainy but well-coloured picture. It you do go for the Panny thouigh save yourself £40 and get the GS11 which is identifal but doesn't do digital still photos - the still resolution on the GS15 is worse than mobile phone cameras and you'll never use it.

Can't comment on the JVC though they are said to be good for low light.

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom