Nuvi 310 MP3 player

A

AllTalk

Looking to get the Nuvi 310 and use in not only for Nav but also for music so have a few questions - hope someone will oblige

- is there an aux-out headphone socket that I can use to plug in to the aux in socket on my car audio ?

- can you it play ipod (.aac) files ?

- how big SD card can it take, any limit ?

- is there a microphone socket as I want to make full use of the bluetooth phone capability

Thanks.

AllTalk said:
Looking to get the Nuvi 310 and use in not only for Nav but also for music so have a few questions - hope someone will oblige

- is there an aux-out headphone socket that I can use to plug in to the aux in socket on my car audio ?

- can you it play ipod (.aac) files ?

- how big SD card can it take, any limit ?

- is there a microphone socket as I want to make full use of the bluetooth phone capability

Thanks.

- There is a headphone socket.

- only MP3 audio files, as far as I can remember.

- i'm using a 1GB SD card, but I've read that others are using 2GB.

- no microphone socket, but the built-in mic (and speaker volume) is adequate for bluetooth phone operation.

I believe that you can download the manual from the Garmin website.

parbrook said:
- no microphone socket, but the built-in mic (and speaker volume) is adequate for bluetooth phone operation.

Strange. According to the manual, there is an external MIC socket on the side of the mount.... :confused:

I'm getting mine tomorrow so will find out myself, I guess.

multiply said:
Strange. According to the manual, there is an external MIC socket on the side of the mount.... :confused:

I'm getting mine tomorrow so will find out myself, I guess.

Don't know what manual you are looking at, but my nuvi 310 manual says (incorrectly ) that it is a power socket (on right side looking from the front).

However, I can confirm that it is a headphone socket - as I've just tried it.
Makes sense, really - for listening to music.

I've not seen any mention of an external mic socket in my manual.

I made a bluetooth call on mine yesterday.
My wife said that she could hear me OK, but the speaker volume could be a little louder for phone calls.
It does not seem as loud as the nice lady who gives me directions.

parbrook said:
I've not seen any mention of an external mic socket in my manual.

Humblest apologies :oops:

There is an external mic socket as well.
It is on the side of the screen mount cradle - which you would only use in a vehicle.

The headphone socket is on the main unit - so you can listen to music when the unit it in your pocket.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom