Nutter

MickyBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey chaps & chappesses,

First post (in this section of the website) so thought I'd go in at the deep-end with a comp entry. Having seen some of the others, it doesn't stand a chance but is a nice way to introduce meself!

This was a bit of an opportunistic shot when i did the obligatory parental visit at Easter...ideally me dad would have pruned his apple tree a bit more so the branches wouldn't be there, but the light was nice and the critter was cute...

470253039_3327571b90.jpg

Camera used: Canon 350D
Shutter Speed: 1/160
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO: 400
Focal length: 300mm

Thats a nice shot mate.:thumbsup: Im not picking up any Exif n the image though.

Welcome by the way:hiya:

Hmmm, thats annoying - does flickr read it then strip it when it resizes stuff? I can easily supply the original to the moderator on request for verification purposes. Nothing ever goes smoothly does it. :(

Nice shot! Good first entry - first of many we hope.

Cheeky little beggar. Would have done well in the wildlife theme a few months back as well.

ideally me dad would have pruned his apple tree a bit more so the branches wouldn't be there

:rotfl:

A nice first entry indeed.
Sharp and well exposed. :smashin:

The EXIF is retained by Flickr, but only on the image that is the "original size" - all of the resized versions get stripped; Zone knows about this from my last couple of entries, so I'm sure he'll check... I find it easier/better to link back to the Flickr image page to make it easier, but that's just me! :)

Nice shot though - good bokeh (even at f/5.6 due to the relative distances) and lovely sharpness; what lens are you using?

Thanks all!

It's a Tamron 70-300 (AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6LD Macro) lens (t'was a deal with the camera for £99) - noisy & slow to tell the truth and though i'm no expert it does seem pretty soft at 300mm. I used manual focus on this which seems to help things though.

I'm trying desperately to avoid upgrade-itis, but it's hard...oh so hard! No-one told me it would be like this! :(

The EXIF is retained by Flickr, but only on the image that is the "original size" - all of the resized versions get stripped; Zone knows about this from my last couple of entries, so I'm sure he'll check... I find it easier/better to link back to the Flickr image page to make it easier, but that's just me! :)

:D

I found it :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom