nunchuck battery drain

tcgills

Standard Member
Left my nunchuck plugged into the wiimote for a day went to play again and the batteries which i have had for about a week were completely dead does anyone know if this is normal , the wii was definately turned off during that time ?

Kirby

Well I had my battery drain earlier this week, 3 bars gone over night vanished lol. I then plugged my nun-chuck into the wifes controller so I could carry on playing Zelda, 3 days later (I haven't unplugged the nun-chuck once) I have so far used 1 bar out of the 4 for her battery usage.
I have come to the conclusion (which I suspected from the start) I left the controller on the back of the sofa and I think one of the kids put something on it which must have held a button down draining my batterys, but nevermind because it made me go and buy rechargeables which I think may be the best thing to do anyway.

Marky1973

Well I had my battery drain earlier this week, 3 bars gone over night vanished lol. I then plugged my nun-chuck into the wifes controller so I could carry on playing Zelda, 3 days later (I haven't unplugged the nun-chuck once) I have so far used 1 bar out of the 4 for her battery usage.
I have come to the conclusion (which I suspected from the start) I left the controller on the back of the sofa and I think one of the kids put something on it which must have held a button down draining my batterys, but nevermind because it made me go and buy rechargeables which I think may be the best thing to do anyway.
Had the same drain problem, and think it was the same cause, the wiimote was left in a drawer with some other controllers and I think it was upside down with a button pressed. Even with the nunchuck in now, I have not had the same problem, just be careful that no buttons are pressed when you leave it lying around.....

The first time it drained, I only had my emergency 24 for a pound batteries in the house.......they lasted 1 day, so it is back to energizer/duracell now! Rechargeables to follow!

P

paulio56

do they include batteries with the console/wii play pack and nunchuck?

D

Deleted member 65413

The Wii pack comes with a set of batteries included as does Wii Play.

RMGEE

Had the same problem but my Wiimotes were left on the sideboard and nothing touching the buttons, they had 3/4 bars on Thursday night and on Friday they were dead.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
only thing that killed my batteries was too much zelda, down from 3 bars to none in one sitting :eek:

also remember the batteries that come with the wii are cheapo maxell ones, and the ones with wii play are cheapo panasonic ones so you aint gonna get long out of them anyway

also if transporting them in a shopping bag make sure you take the remotes out at the other end to stop them draining :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom