Numpty question of the day.. how do I change my wheel settings?? ...

mickymoo72

Guys.. finally got the wheel out. Sorry if this has been asked somewhere but, saw this post in the praise thread from Tall Paul. I can change the in game settings and set to manual etc, but where the hell is the menu to change the rest of the wheel? i.e the wheel settings at the bottom of the post ?? I tried last night and couldn't find it anywhere!!

I'm using a DFGT

I know you can change a few bits using the red twiddly knob, but they dont include deadzones etc ?

Cheers chaps/ chapesses !!:smashin:

Found these settings on GTPlanet, have been doing the nordschleife intermediate and it's sublime :cool:

IN-GAME SETTINGS
Steering - Simulation
Power steering - off

FFB - 5

ON THE WHEEL SETTINGS
Sensitivity (SEn):* off
Force feedback strength (FF):* 100
Vibration strength (Sho):* 20
Drift mode (dri):* Off
ABS:* 0
Linearity (Lin):* 0
Deadzone (dEA):* 0
Spring (SPr):* 0
Damper (dPr):* 0

Last edited:
Guys.. finally got the wheel out. Sorry if this has been asked somewhere but, saw this post in the praise thread from Tall Paul. I can change the in game settings and set to manual etc, but where the hell is the menu to change the rest of the wheel? i.e the wheel settings at the bottom of the post ?? I tried last night and couldn't find it anywhere!!

I'm using a DFGT

I know you can change a few bits using the red twiddly knob, but they dont include deadzones etc ?

Cheers chaps/ chapesses !!:smashin:

Found these settings on GTPlanet, have been doing the nordschleife intermediate and it's sublime :cool:

IN-GAME SETTINGS
Steering - Simulation
Power steering - off

FFB - 5

ON THE WHEEL SETTINGS
Sensitivity (SEn):* off
Force feedback strength (FF):* 100
Vibration strength (Sho):* 20
Drift mode (dri):* Off
ABS:* 0
Linearity (Lin):* 0
Deadzone (dEA):* 0
Spring (SPr):* 0
Damper (dPr):* 0

Those settings are for the Fanatec wheels directly
Adjusted on the Fanatec wheel itself and nothing to do with GT5 ingame settings.

gers1978

On the DFGT you can press the button within the red dial to bring up in-race settings. Anyone know what they do?

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
On the DFGT you can press the button within the red dial to bring up in-race settings. Anyone know what they do?

Adjusts Traction Control (TCM), Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)' and front and rear brake bias.

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Why on Earth do we need dedicated, in-game hard buttons for that?

Well, say for example you normally have traction control set to 5 and start a wet weather race. By increasing the TC, you will be able to get the power down earlier. As the track dries, you can start to reduce it as keeping it on can hamper acceleration.

Not everyone will use them, but they are handy options to have, especially in endurance races when tyre wear etc will come into play.

@ndr3w

Well, say for example you normally have traction control set to 5 and start a wet weather race. By increasing the TC, you will be able to get the power down earlier. As the track dries, you can start to reduce it as keeping it on can hamper acceleration.

Not everyone will use them, but they are handy options to have, especially in endurance races when tyre wear etc will come into play.
It's also hany when your testing your car. I like the ad-hock settings. May also be required when you get tyre wear during a game.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom