• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Numbers on panasonic PX70 screen

puppy

Standard Member
Just bought panasonic PX70 from Richer Sounds, there are numbers on the screen that say CHK, D:2B, DG:1B They keep moving around the screen and we can't get rid of them. This is on AV1 (NTL) and also HDMI1 (DVD). Any ideas?

PjotrrrNL

Established Member
Strange, nothing like that on my 42PX70..
Bad lck...Contact the shop for an exchange I guess.

Black Adder

Established Member
Just bought panasonic PX70 from Richer Sounds, there are numbers on the screen that say CHK, D:2B, DG:1B They keep moving around the screen and we can't get rid of them. This is on AV1 (NTL) and also HDMI1 (DVD). Any ideas?

This sounds like the self check program but with much less info.

You can enter this facility (a sort of service menu) by a key press sequence.

Quite why this is showing partially only or at all without you entering the menu is very strange.

I suspect that the self check prog is showing the numbers on the screen of parameters that are faulty which is why there is far less data than you can see when entering self-check manually.

My guess is that the codes you are seeing refer to where the faults are on your TV.

Either way, looks like your TV is faulty.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom