• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

number 21 in the human development chart

Kieron

Distinguished Member
I blame "General Chat"

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
Well, Norway has petrodollars coming out of every orifice, so I can't say I'm suprised at that. Iceland is now effectively bankrupt having got to number 3 in the charts by spending everyone else's money, so will drop rapidly. France is France and don't really care about this kind of stuff so long as they come above the UK. And Ireland is currently busting after booming. And would you really want to be like the Dutch? And Canada gets very very cold in winter. So number 21 isn't too bad.

shodan

Distinguished Member
So the difference in HDI between UK at 21st and Norway at 1st is only 0.024. Where as between the UK and Niger (182nd) 0.607. An absolutely MASSIVE difference!

Life expectancy is lowest in Afghanistan (well they do have some problems...) at 43.6 years compared to the UK at 79.3 and Japan at the top with 82.7

HMHB

Distinguished Member
It must be the Scots and the Welsh dragging us down

;) :D I'm joking :)

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
well these sorts of survey dont tell the whole picture and only serve to give academics something to ruminate over and back their opinions with

Matt W

HDI readings are pretty good as these measurements go, far better than GDP, GVA or the like...

Dony

Distinguished Member
I'm surprised the UK is so high in the human development chart ;) ;)

ianbrown.jpg

Matt W

I just spat coffee all over my monitor. :thumbsup:

MWP1985

I wonder if the fact 1/8th of the UK population is crammed into an area constituting a mere 1/150th of the country's total land mass has anything to do with us being lower down the leagues when it comes to quality of life? The idea of living in a pokey £200,000 one-bedroom flat isn't exactly aspirational.

boltoa

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom